Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake 1 people who won't play Q2

Options
  • 21-06-1998 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

<center>quake11.gif</center>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

<center>pisstake.jpg</center>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Rhob

: Just to stir up a bit of controversy :)

: You know that excuse that Q1ers give us Q2ers as to why they don't play Q2....

: "My machine can't handle it"

: Well I can comfortably say I probly have one of the worst machines around..
    : P100 16MB Ram :)
    : and I play Q2 "comfortably" on it when you turn off all the effects n tone down the grafix n stuff. Sure it doesn't look as nice, but you don't play the game for its looks anyway, its the amzing gameplay. Once you've played it a coupla times you can see this.
    : So when people say their machine won't run it, I'd highly doubht hat statement.

:
    : (Heres a pic to show ya what mine looks like)

Actually i got a huuuuge monitor, a fairly decentcomputer and a gl card, but it still sucks as a multiplayer game.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

<center>quake03.jpg</center>

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Spoonman

: : Just to stir up a bit of controversy :)

: : You know that excuse that Q1ers give us Q2ers as to why they don't play Q2....

: : "My machine can't handle it"

: : Well I can comfortably say I probly have one of the worst machines around..
    : : P100 16MB Ram :)
    : : and I play Q2 "comfortably" on it when you turn off all the effects n tone down the grafix n stuff. Sure it doesn't look as nice, but you don't play the game for its looks anyway, its the amzing gameplay. Once you've played it a coupla times you can see this.
    : : So when people say their machine won't run it, I'd highly doubht hat statement.

: :
    : : (Heres a pic to show ya what mine looks like)

: Actually i got a huuuuge monitor, a fairly decentcomputer and a gl card, but it still sucks as a multiplayer game.

Does this guy have a clue what hes talking about? discuss...

: Does this guy have a clue what hes talking about? discuss...
    prolly not but hed kick my ass on DM4 anyday =]

i woud try it but it doesnt run comfertably on my p100 with 16ram
    wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

My Machine is fine, but compared to Q1 its crap on-line! IMHO!

Slosh.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Catch_22

: You know that excuse that Q1ers give us Q2ers as to why they don't play Q2....

: Well I can comfortably say I probly have one of the worst machines around..
    : P100 16MB Ram :)
    : and I play Q2 "comfortably" on it when you turn off all the effects n tone down the grafix n stuff. Sure it doesn't look as nice, but you don't play the game for its looks anyway, its the amzing gameplay. Once you've played it a coupla times you can see this.
    : So when people say their machine won't run it, I'd highly doubht hat statement.

:
    : (Heres a pic to show ya what mine looks like)

we run it on 166's usin linux,
    its fine but compared to Q1 it just suks
    Catch

When did I say that?
    Here's my excuses : "It's f*cking sh*te."
    And : "Only ppl who are cr*p at Quake 1 play it."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 McGin

: Here's mine :P

Looks Like all us Scream lads just have $hite comps eh :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Rhob

: Here's the way my screen looks - beautiful isn't it? Oh and by the way if any Quake1 snobs would like to try Q2CTF then maybe they'll see what's so much fun about Q2. Great crack!

: M

been there done that. my screenshot would look exactly the same. the game is no good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement