Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best ZELDA game

Options
  • 26-05-2003 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

all of the zelda games have been classics, and in my opinion, Ocarina of Time is the best game ever made but i'd like to know how many people prefer the other zelda games, and perhaps more importantly, why?

Which is the best Zelda game? 38 votes

The Legend of Zelda (1986 - NES)
    0% 0 votes
    Zelda II - The Adventure of Link (1988 - NES)
    10% 4 votes
    The Legend of Zelda - A Link To The Past (1992 - SNES)
    0% 0 votes
    The Legend of Zelda - Link's Awakening (1992 - GB)
    31% 12 votes
    The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time (1998 - N64)
    15% 6 votes
    The Legend of Zelda - Majora's Mask (2000 - N64)
    42% 16 votes
    The Legend of Zelda - Oracle of Ages (2001 - GBC)
    0% 0 votes
    The Legend of Zelda - Oracle of Seasons (2001 - GBC)
    0% 0 votes
    The Legend of Zelda - The Wind Waker (2003 - GC)
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭public_enemy

The second Oracle of Ages is meant to be Oracle of SEASONS.
    remember that....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Weren't Seasons and Ages, like, parallel games, neither being the others sequel?

Anyway, Majora's Mask and Link to the Past are my favourites. Never played Adventures of Link, though. Link to the Past because it embodies all that is great about Zelda's dungeoneering and general hoo-haw, Majora's Mask because it actually took the series forward and introduced some great fresh ideas, and did it all very, very well. Yay!

the oracle games had quite a few similarities, and they could be linked up together to see the "true ending", and they were both released at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Ocarina of Time . BEST thing ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I've changed the second one. I presume that you don't want it in caps. I played whatever the first Zelda was called on the game boy. It rocked but I never finished :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by amp
    I've changed the second one. I presume that you don't want it in caps. I played whatever the first Zelda was called on the game boy. It rocked but I never finished :(
    That was Links Awakening, it was a SUPERB game, best of the zelda's IMO. Its closely followed by OoT, but Links Awakening was more addictive and just seemed to be more enjoyable.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've only ever finished Wind Waker and the Oracle games but I've played most of the Zelda games. In my opinion Link to the Past is the second best although Oot has to be mentioned because it took the series into 3D flawlessly.

Best Zelda game goes to Wand of Gameleon :ninja: ww)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

The one I enjoyed most was the first one on the NES, it was the first time I became totally caught up with a game.

Myself and my brother and sister played it constantly even going so far as to play the ridiculous tougher version after you finished the game.

I even remember bringing the manual into primary school with me to peruse it and think about where to go next.

Sad but true.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by DapperGent
    I even remember bringing the manual into primary school with me to peruse it and think about where to go next.

Sad but true.
    Im afraid Im even sadder than that, I played Pokemon continuously in school for weeks on ends, all my break times and lunch were all pokemon, and I even got my 1st level 100 pokemon in the middle of Chemestry (it was a clefable, its a turd pokemon but easily levelled up, so gets quite powerful easily).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Im afraid Im even sadder than that, I played Pokemon continuously in school for

I'd love to slag you but I've recently become a pokemon addict. I've owned the game for a year and just haven't played it. It's great and I was amazed with how tactical it was. I hope it's okay for a 20 year old like me to be playing pokemon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

It probably isn't "okay", but that didn't stop me from playing Pokemon Gold for weeks.

The sole moment of true embarrassment was being asked by a random small child (about 10 years old or so) on the train one morning if I wanted to play a link battle, and feeling the withering gazes of those around me as he explained how high level his Pokemon were (much better than mine, rotten little sod!) and I struggled for a lame excuse about not having a link cable in order to avoid being utterly demolished by him :)

obZelda:

Voted for Ocarina of Time. I love Wind Waker, but Ocarina is still my favourite game in the series by a country mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Ocarina of time - shinji ffs, couldn't you have just let the little $hit whip you around and then pat him on the back thus giving you an excuse not to be playing pokemon :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

How can a person decide on such a thing? I've only had the joy of playing three of the games to any extent,

A Link To The Past -- Awesome
    Link's Awakening -- Awesome
    Ocarina of Time -- Awesome

How am I to decide ALTTP on the SNES was worse than the OOT when the capabilities of the SNES were so much less than the N64? In terms of gameplay each console was able to bring something extra to how you played the game, Z-Targeting for instense.
    Of course its still classic Zelda but they're incomparable. There's no way I can say which is better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

ocarin of time for me. I finished link to the past more times then i can remember, finished awakening a few times, good games. But Ocarin of Time really engrossed me. I only ever managed to get 19 hearts and 3/4 tho... That 1/4!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

I spent so much of my youth on the original Zelda <despite it only being borrowed from a friend> that I had to vote for it. Heh... I was always so confused as to how they managed to save the game... Oh the joys of being 6. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭bort

surely there has to be more votes for a link to the past?!?

not only do i think its the best zelda game of all time,
    also the BEST game of all time :)

To anyone who hasnt played it - i wish i was u for about 10 hours
    so i could play it for the first time again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

you cant beat the classic .... 'Legend of Zelda' on the nes....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

i haven't played most of the games, only did play ocarina of time, link to the past, majora's mask and wind waker...........they all rock but the wind wakers my favourite

mistake fixing is much appreciated, amp

link's awakening is easily the best gameboy game ever made. unfortunately i never finished it, i still have the cartridge and savegame, stuck somewhere on the final dungeon, i keep meaning to get back to it but i never seem to have the time... one day...

i'm kinda dissapointed that no-ones voted for majora's mask. its probably been the most original of the series but i suppose it was always going to live in oot's shadow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭mystik

Finished TWW and have started on OOT on the bonus disk, and though the graphics are a lot worse, i'm enjoying it a lot more than TWW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

i've played all but WW
    zelda 2 (on the nes) is by far the worst
    i didn't like majoras mask
    zelda lll is the best 2D version
    OoT is the best 3D version
    overall i'd say zelda lll is the best because i remember so many good hours of playing it and finding the secrets and it had the most dungeons and lots of things to find out of the dungeons
    OoT seemed a bit barron (hyrule field for one) and too short, not enough dungeons, not enough weapons either, but i was pleased the 3D change didn't ruin the game, still a good game of course
    after playing zelda lll the others could never compare because you'd always know how the game works, so they're easier to figure out first time around

best game ever btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

Mjora's Mask... I never did like having to play that song every once in a while. It wasnt that i was lazy. It was just this thing at the back of my mind (or in the top-middle of the screen) that reminded me that your timed. I prefered OoT. You could just go around on your horse for as long as you wanted hunting ghosts (another aspect of that game I never finsihed along side that feckin 1/4 heart piece!!!) I didnt finish it because it bored me by the time i got to the desert area and didnt see the point of contineing.

ah, ghost hunting in oot,

it was easy until i got to the last 2 or 3, then i had to systematically cover every inch of land on hyrule field... it took me hours...

the only thing i never did in that game was catch the hyrule loach... but i will

Advertisement