Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Clondalkin

• 27-05-2003 5:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭

Hi all,

does anyone know of a provider to Clondalkin, especially around the Newland's Crooss end.

Yours in Jaysus

Scary

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Short answer is no from what I can gather.
    I rang Eircom just out of curiosity and apparently there's a problem upgrading the exchange there (I think it's just called the Newlands Cross exchange), so that rules them and I guess Netsource out too.
    Esat had problems with that one too, I haven't checked with them for awhile but afaik they still haven't upgraded it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

Are NTL not out in newlands ?

Parts of Tallaght, don't think they made it to Clondalkin.
    Could be wrong though, I never paid that much attention to their roll out. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong :)

As far as I know they're in clondalkin and Lucan

It's on their site somewhere I'm sure

Emboss

I was just looking on the site, can't find anything about locations, it just gives their number for more info.

• Advertisement

found here
    Where and when will ntl's Always-On Broadband Internet service be available? The rollout plan of our broadband internet service is currently only available in certain parts of West Dublin in and around the Dublin 24, 22, 16, 12, 6, 6W and Lucan areas. You will need to live in an area where ntl have built a cable network and offer its cable services. In order to get more information on our roll out plan and get an indicative date of when the service will be available in your area, please call 1800 923 005.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Both Leap Broadband and Irish Broadband will be offering wireless broadband in the Clondalkin area including Newlands Cross within a months time. Leap are putting a high site in Park West and IBB are placing theres on the SIAC building.

Hope this helps.

I live beside the Green Isle Hotel and am waiting for the first one to go live and I am going to snap it up ASAP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

I live down the road from the Green Isle. I'll check them out. Rang NTL and they said they only have cable in Tallaght and Lucan. They have plans for Clondalkin but they don't know when.

Scary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 mj

Lads, NTL are not in Clondalkin. However I am in Westbourne in Clondalkin and I have Eircoms package and its not bad at all. Response times are between 20-40ms.

Great for playing X-Box live! :D

MJ

Originally posted by mj
    Lads, NTL are not in Clondalkin. However I am in Westbourne in Clondalkin and I have Eircoms package and its not bad at all. Response times are between 20-40ms.

Great for playing X-Box live! :D

MJ

You're probably going through the Nangor Road exchange then (where exactly is Westbourne). Like I said, the Newlands one isn't upgraded for DSL yet.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

The Newlands exchange cross exchange will not be upgraded this year and that is from Eircom themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 romi

I live in Clondalkin,the Dutch Village area,
    I've tried everyone for broadband,but the only one that has supplied me with broadband was Leap,I am with them a month and a half so far,the price may be a little high but the speeds,at least for me,are extra fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

NTL in D22 means Kingswood heights it doesnt cross the Naas road.

The Newlands Exchange is buggered so dont hold your breath on getting that sorted.
    Irish Wan have a WAN in the area check out their website.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

The real irony is that there is about 20Gbps and 5 data centres within 2km of you all :(

Advertisement