Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chorus(ing) down the slippery slope

Options
  • 27-05-2003 9:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

Into the last stages of the countdown to the wireless licences being withdrawn in 3 weeks or so, we not that the Wireless product manager, who in fairness will shortly have no Product to Manage over at Chorus, has gone to IBB instead.

M

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭highlight

I note he holds a Batchelor [sic] degree. One wonders if a can of beans - perhaps with a string and another can on the end - would be much good to him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Rumour has it that they are dropping like flies in Chorus HQ!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by highlight
    I note he holds a Batchelor [sic] degree.

Now now Highlight, dont slag PR bunnies from IBB in here, thats my job .....when I catch them at it :D

M

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flav0rflav

I would suspect his name doesn't have 3 n's in the middle.

Hmm, could be due to bit errors on their connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

one wonders what sort of an impact he will have on IBB ... ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flav0rflav

A more worthwhile discussion.

What was his impact at Chorus? So we can extrapolate.

Although it surely indicates reasonable intent from IBB. They seem to have money behind them, and a big upstream connection?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Originally posted by MDR

Well it says to me that IBB expect to strongly compete for the license when it gets pulled from Chorus.

I'm sure he will be a help to them in applying for the license and understanding the technology when they roll it out.

I'm not too worried about IBB learning bad habbits or business practices from Chorus. IBB seem to be on the ball and as they have no other busines then wireless bb, they either sink or swim with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

I don't think this is the place to discuss a person's past, present or future work achievements except where they work in the public sector.

You are probably right in your assumptions about IBB looking for the Chorus license though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

I don't think this is the place to discuss a person's past, present or future work achievements except where they work in the public sector.

We discuss Bill Murphy's/Philip Nolans impact on the telcom world on a regular basis, I don't see how a new start at IBB is any different.

Advertisement