Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music Edditing

Options
  • 27-05-2003 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hey im looking for a program that will let me edit my music files, so that i can for example see the instrument sounds represented as a line and then i can say raise the volume of the drums and lower the vocals, stuff like that! anybody know if there are any programs like that and where i could get it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭LURCH

Im not that well edumacated on the whole music editing scene, but I think something like Cubase is what your looking for. As far as I know all the stuff you need is in it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

hey gringo .

I dont think there is a proper program that divides a mp3 into layers so you probably wont end up getting a good result.

although if you want to try and edit the songs, or even increase the base, go for cooledit2000.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Gringo

thanks guys appreciate all the replies!
    really hope i can get the right thing! its annoying when you get a good song and you can barely hear the instruments over the singer screaming at you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭herbie747

If you have a Karaoke function on your hi-fi, it'll make the vocals more faint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Gringo

na but how i wish i did! ill keep looking im sure ill get something sometime!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭padraigmyers

I know there was a plug in for winamp that was a vocal fader, it pretty much eliminated the vovals, but anything that does this to a complete track has to do it by eq'ing out the vocal frequencies, which is going to also remove some of the guitar and other mid-range frequencies, so it kinda sonds like ****, have a look though for a plugin for winamp that does this, I know it existed about 3 years ago, it might be a help, and its free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭nellieswellies

cool edit pro

Advertisement