Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bleeding Gums

• 27-05-2003 2:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Ok here goes. Regular poster here btw just don't want you all knowing about my dental issues :)

For the past 6 months or so my gums have been bleeding. Now not constantly.

When i wake up in the mornings the part between my top 2 front theeth would have been bleeding with evidence on the teeth themselves and sometimes on my pillow.

I use an electric toothbrush. Sometimes the gums around my 6 front upper teeth will bleed when i do so.

Also during the day when eating i will notice that when i take a bit out of a sandwich or apple or something that there would be blood on it from my lower front gums.

Also during the day, for no reason i would look in the mirror and the top part between my 2 front teeth will be bleeding. It stops after a minute or 2. Its weird.

I brush twice a day most days, but sometimes i forget or can't be arsed but brush 2/3 times most days. I also use listerene every now and again.

Could it be an infection, gum problem, or just ned to change something? Its been going on 5/6 months now. Help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

You have gum disease, its quite common. Basically you are not brushing your teeth in the right manner or frequently enough.

My advice would be to see a dentist, he will determine the severity of the problem and if needs be he may suggest you visit a GP for antibiotics which can reduce the problem. He may also show how you can more effectively brush your teeth.

Also, you can get indicator tablets, they are a non toxic stain that show up bacteria on your teeth so you know your teeth are properly cleaned.

Finally, I'd use an antiseptic mouthwash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

my gums used to bleed everytime I brushed

when they did I stopped

I went to the dentist and he told me the problem was when I stopped, the plaque was still there so I was never getting rid of it

he gave me a hard toothbrush (I can only ever find soft/medium in shops) and told me brush for 5 mins each time and to ignore the bleeding.

I did this and the first week it was bleeding pretty bad .. but after two-three weeks the blood had completly stopped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

Gingivitis (sp) . You can get a mouth wash called Bocason (i think), should clearit up.
    Could also be your run-down. Zinc tablets will boost your immune system.
    Coure I'm not a dentist OR a gp...........;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I know exactly what you have.

You have tsitnedotogivitis.

Go to your dentist to find out more about this rare condition.

note: gums break down due to an unhealthy lifestyle, drug taking, hard brushing and other life threatening diseases such as aplastic anaemia like what my friend has.

Go to the dentist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

hard brushing and other life threatening diseases

Is hard brushing a life threatening diseases.

My advise is to Floss, once the gum diseases is cleared up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Falkorre

LOL Elmo, I was wondering that too ;)

I can personally recommend a mouthwash called Corsodyl, amazing stuff really, works too! :D <-See ;)

B

Hard brushing can be fatal if you are doing it while holding a gun in the other hand and waving it about in a cop shop... maybe...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Originally posted by patch69
    Gingivitis (sp) . You can get a mouth wash called Bocason (i think), should clearit up.
    Could also be your run-down. Zinc tablets will boost your immune system.
    Coure I'm not a dentist OR a gp...........;)

This is a prime example of whats wrong with the personal issues forum.

Bocassin is very dangerous if used incorrectly.

Gum infections weaken the supports of your teeth permanently each time they happen. Its important to keep tabs on your gums.

Go to the Dentist!!!

I left it a bit too long and I have been spending a bit too much time at the dentists for my liking as a result.

Thanks Ballooba, presumably something that can be dangerous isn't sold over the counter though?

Either way, go to dentist.

Thread closed, question answered, I should really have done this earlier.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement