Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Response to Pigmans Post

• 27-05-2003 2:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

This is in response to Pigmans post which I cannot reply to in this forum so admins please merge the threads if necessary.
    Gandalf (and mods in general)
    First off I know how you guys feel about me and you all know how I feel about gandalf (I sent you guys a letter as far back as last October) so I won’t waste both our times writing about his performance on soccer over the past few days (and months).

Well Pigman for your information I forwarded the PM that you sent to me yesterday onto Dev and asked him if he felt it was valid he could take whatever action he felt necessary. He felt I was well within my rights to act as I did.
    But out of this debacle I was hoping that you might consider the following suggestions:

1) I would also like to see a ‘banning league’ introduced so that mods who are ‘wielding the axe’ excessively can be highlighted. No doubt gandalf would already be in championship contention if such information was made transparent but it might be a deterant to mods to so quickly ban people left right and center if a solution to ease tension on a thread still existed?

TBH unworkable as different boards would have different banning levels. Soccer up until yesterday had a quite low level of banning compaired to Politics or Humanities. Again mods are not paid and devote spare time to doing their duties most of us don't have time to babysit people, if you don't follow the rules of the board you should expect to be excluded from it.
    2) I would like to see trolling made an equally punishable offence as so-called ‘disrespect’ currently is. You may ask ‘how can trolling be proven or defined?’ but surely this rule could come into effect in cases where the mod himself (as gandalf did) has already acknowledged that a user was trolling? Perhaps that way we would only have one guy facing a weeks ban on soccer now instead of five?

Well you could classify almost any goading on soccer a troll. Today theres a post from yop about how he'd love to see Arsene Wenger go from Arsenal, that could be classified a troll, I responded by calling Alex Ferguson Sir Alco that could be a troll, but I didn't respond by personally insulting yop now did I, thats where the problem was and thats why people got banned, because they did not engage their brains.
    Finally I’m already perm banned on soccer now (which I readily accept as suitable punishment) so it makes little difference to me what gandalf does over there now. However, I know for a fact there are others who feel the same way as me about his performance on soccer (but don’t want to say publicly lest they end up in the bad books too) and for their sakes I would like to see something done about the way mods carry out their duties and especially are made accountable for their actions.

Tell them to speak up please I don't hold grudges (well I do but only if people ignore me!)

Gandalf.

Advertisement