Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CM - To cheat or not to cheat?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Originally posted by sykeirl
    Ahhh....

Well see thi sonly works if you pick a big name clubs all the time.

Try starting with Liverpool and going after players....not much problem.

Now, start as say, Nottm Forest or Milwall..... see how many of the same players want to play for your club.

You always get one or two, but by and large the reputation of your club and your wage budget and your transfer kitty dictates who you can go after....
    My bad, I thought we were talking about unknown youth players:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Now, start as say, Nottm Forest or Milwall..... see how many of the same players want to play for your club.

You always get one or two, but by and large the reputation of your club and your wage budget and your transfer kitty dictates who you can go after....
    Indeedy. Starting as West Ham with about £1m to spend and already £100k over your wage budget, it ain't easy to sign anyone even Scandinavian cheapo lads.

Originally posted by DapperGent
    Maybe you would.

But if you're playing the game properly you'll always notice a few new good ones during the course of a few seasons and take a chance on them.

I'd imagine it's going to get a little boring buying Kallstrom and Farnerud every game just like it did buying Leon Knight, Nikiforenko, Bakircioglu, Bjornstat Hagen, To Madeira etc. in previous versions.
    Quite often I just design my own players - limitless potential for creativity, its great:D Does v.4 have an editor, would be seriously disapointed if it didn't.

Originally posted by p.pete
    Quite often I just design my own players - limitless potential for creativity, its great:D Does v.4 have an editor, would be seriously disapointed if it didn't.
    Dunno.

I've never used editors in any of the versions.

Thats not a slag at you it just doesn't strike me personally as being much fun.

I'm sure there's loads out there though try thedugout.net.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

My bad, I thought we were talking about unknown youth players:rolleyes:

I was. If you play with lower Div clubs you'll find that just coz a player is 17-21 and costs 40K doesn't mean he'll automatically sign for your club.

I've found that most high potential Div 1 players one won't sign for Forest.

Any Div 2 players playing first team football won't sign unless they get a role as a first team player.... this means they also want higher wages, etc etc

Add to all this the fact that Forest are broke and you have a pretty low wage cap means that even signing unknown youth players can be difficult.

If you're a premiership club, you don'thave to worry about stuff like this as much.

• Advertisement

What you need to do there is go into the editor, pick the players you want and then arrange a future transfer for them. You can pick when they arive at your club and how much you pay for them. I managed to get half the Italian and French teams to join Rushden and Diamonds on free transfers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

What you need to do there is go into the editor, pick the players you want and then arrange a future transfer for them. You can pick when they arive at your club and how much you pay for them. I managed to get half the Italian and French teams to join Rushden and Diamonds on free transfers.

Ahhh I see your in your trademark stubbornly-miss-the-point mood!

I am a l33t CM4 hax0r.

I'm a what now?

Ahhh I see your in your trademark stubbornly-miss-the-point mood!
    Pot? Kettle?, I like cheating you don't - I thought we were just sparring as to our preferred ways of playing. I didn't miss the point, just offering an alternative.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

P Pete your an utter disgrace when it comes to playing CM.

jesus christ...thats such a ****en disgrace. Im just going to accept, you couldnt play CM properly if you tried. Why would you do that? The whole purpose of managing Rushden and Diamonds is so you get them up by finding bargains. I mean you obviously have no interest in playing seriously. Your a disgrace as far as playing CM goes...

Oh and with 200,000 players in the game...i dont think its too hard to find new ones...you never will thought cheating your ass off like that...man you suck :rolleyes:

Have to admit, I rate my 15 year old sister as probably a better CM player than me:cool: She doesn't even like football.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

CM4 does not have an official player editor like CM3 did, there may be unofficial ones but they're more likely to muck up your save game than help you make things interesting.

I've "cheated" on CM3 before, I gave Nikiforenko, Okoronkwo, Mark Kerr and N'Diaye Argentine nationality, when I was playing as San Lorenzo, just to make it a bit different

But you all clearly have inferior CM skillz to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

I can play CM quite well but sometimes it might be nice to get zidane without blowing my transfer budget. Who knows, it could be something I'd do in the future :)

BTW did everyone here give a resounding yes to the CM Board ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

just between us, there will be an offical editor and a whole host of unoffical utilities in the not so distant future....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭feldy

Think CM4 is the biz, once you add in all the bloomin patches to stop that captains armband jumping around.

Cheating wise, its kind of hard not to (the transfer cheat) as i am finding it impossible to sell players, and transfer budgets are tight as hell!!

On another note, has anyone managed to sign Van Der Vaart - possibly the best player in the game.......

[edited by amp]
    DON'T ask for no-cd patches. Read the Charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

what is the transfer cheat for cm4?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

just between us, there will be an offical editor and a whole host of unoffical utilities in the not so distant future....

you mean just between us and the WHOLE ENTIRE NET, its all over the CM boards!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

(cm01-02)I took Waterford UTD to the champions league Semi Finals, and won it with Sheffield UTD & Shrewsbury! :)

All of course without cheating. If you cheat, how can take any pleasure out of the game at all? Having said that, I was mid 2030's when the above game crashed, and I can't load it anymore :(. I was just about to take Elche to glory...

Originally posted by Sundy
    what is the transfer cheat for cm4?

Follow the instructions below and youll have your free transfer the only problem is a lot of the big players (raul,ronaldo) have minmum fee release clauses and because of this they wont come to you...and also you have to have enough money to afford the players contracts!.

First, you have to get his club to accept your bid. To achieve this, either make a very high bid (many times his market value) that the club cannot reject; or make an inquiry and accept the club's demands in return. When his club allows you to negotiate his contract, click to offer him a contract. While in the contract screen, click "News" on the left toolbar option (do not click the back arrow). Click on that player's name and withdraw your bid. Re-bid for free or whatever amount you wish. Click the back arrow on the left toolbar, this time back to the screen where you are discussing his contract details. Offer him a reasonable contract. When he accepts your contract, he will join your club on a free transfer (or the amount that you re-bid for) :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

in spain every single player has a min fee release clause - by law..

its usually quite high tho :)

bet you did'nt know that

Originally posted by tHE vAGGABOND
    bet you did'nt know that

i diddnt know that!!
    i wonder what beckhams will be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

thanks feldy, and no i didnt know about that veggabond!

Advertisement