Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Esat Question

• 27-05-2003 4:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭

Right i rang Esat this afternoon and spoke to (what i hope) a very helpful lady ;) (enquiring about the business package)

She asked me where i was and told me the location of the exchange and told me i had to be within 2.5km from exchange. Told her i was 5 mins walk. I then told her that im on ISDN and asked if that would be a problem. She then told me that id lose my voice line if i was to get ADSL and she needed me to get an analogue phone line in first before she could give me ADSL.

Now i got two questions ; 1) is this normal ? 2) if i order an analogue line in as well as my ISDN can i get the analogue line to use one of the ISDN numbers or would i be assigned a new one and then lose my original number when i got ADSL?

Thanks for your help as im slightly confused now :)

(got her name and number for when i got the analogue line)

(Just sitting here thinking now, maybe she needed me to not be on the line to test it and she was asking me to ring her from another number? )

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭highlight

Ring back and ask for Line Sharing over dsl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

Im guessing this way ill have eircom phone and esat dsl?
    think thats what my mom would prefer.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 rez

Don't know if it's possible to have line split between lower-band ISDN and upper band DSL.

If I was you I'd get rid of the ISDN if it isn't needed for anything else other than Internet and go back to analogue.

=rez=

nono the isdn is going and being replaced by the dsl.
    I know its possible to get dsl over ISDN but im not sure what that means ;)

ne way ordered another analogue line for €129 and will have in 2-3 weeks then nother 2-3 weeks for dsl
    so maybe in 2 months ill be on dsl factoring in the Eircom factor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

think thats what my mom would prefer.

hehehe your mom...

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 933 ✭✭✭dardoz

u wont loose your number Owen, when u give your ISDN the chop u can choose which number u want to keep

yer i spoke to Eircom last night, they'd install a new line with a new number then change it over later.

And yer my mom, i aint forking out on a ****ing flat when i got perfectly good house to live in :)

Advertisement