Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prices For Minimum (cheapest) Cable Package Around Europe.....

• 27-05-2003 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭

How about using our contacts to check out cable prices throughout Europe.....
    Just how much will one have to pay for the very basic (minimum number of channels) for the lowest charge on a yearly basis - for the best value?
    Will we discover that Ireland is cheapest and best for at least one utility.. basic cable television? After all we're dearest for almost everything else.

Will Comreg send the secret police and inspectors, who have been very busy last week, after me for daring to raise this topic?
    ntl will probably complain to my employer.....as they allegedly did when a customer complained about Eurosport? In my case Cablelink complained to my employer when I sought TV5 in 1993.

I'll risk all this.....
    Let's us kick off with good old yes in Eurovision parlance(!)

L'Irlande
    ntl single language tv (and must carry TG4) 204 euro per year (14 channels)
    (nota: includes 52 euro to subsidise 23,000 digital customers and vat)

La Belgique: multi-lingual tv
    Bruxelles: Coditel 123 euro33 (39 channels) includes stated copyright fees and vat )

Les Pays Bas/Netherlands: multi-lingual tv
    Casema 108 euro (34 channels) (includes vat)

now over to you!
    By the way Eurosport and TV5 are included

Advertisement