Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My family's always been in meat...

• 27-05-2003 7:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭

First picture of Leatherface from the remake have been released...
    leatherface.jpg

Hmm..

(also - are the img tags not working?)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Wow loks freaky, ive never heard of the orignal but it looks like a good one. I`ll look foward to it. Got any more info on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Sorry - it's the remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I meant to put that in my original post.. I guess I just experienced a bit of brain slip.

Anyway.. info.. the director's only previous directing engagement was directing the video for "A Small Victory", by Faith No More (good video - but is it enough to give him such a big job?). The cast is made up of recognisable teen faces (Eric Balfour.. uh.. that chick from Rules of Attraction...), but I think the casting of Leathface is pretty good - it's the same guy that played Zangief in the Street Fighter movie (also played Chip Shrek (Chris Walken's son) in Batman Returns).

The film is being released early next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

looks uber !

Donkey ofc youve heard of chainsaw ! ( leatherface is the bad guy in it i.e the one with the chainsaw)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Looks very cool indeed, but I don't hold up too much hope for the remake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Yeah ive heard of chain saw just never saw it. Driller Killer was more my video nasty. I see its over in xtra vision on DVD so i must get it out and have a look before the remake comes out!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Senor_Fudge

nice pic

The original chainsaw is the only one thats taken my fancy so far.

Leatherface reminds me of a guy i used to work with in a butchers except this guy didn't even have personality [now thats bad] he was just a killing machine (quite literally)

Best bit was he thought the film was sick ^_^
    and then liked to slash at me violently with knives
    worst bit is its true....ah well

i love hypocricy especially at 4 am

still here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

The trailer (and poster) for Texas Chainsaw Massacre is available on the apple website.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/newline/thetexaschainsawmassacre/

Conclusion?
    Looks really good. It seems like they've added some standard teen-horror bits, but that they've managed to keep the disturbing atmosphere.

There are also a couple of nice 'tributes' to the original littered around the trailer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

I'm looking forward to it, it seems having Micheal Bay as producer has given it a good stylish feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Originally posted by patch69
    I'm looking forward to it, it seems having Micheal Bay as producer has given it a good stylish feel.

Yeh but stylish.... do you really want it to be stylish? The great thing about the original was the home made feel of it IMO...
    I don't see why it should be remade at all.:confused:

Advertisement