Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Full Number Portability (Mobile Operators)

• 27-05-2003 7:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

Anybody know what progress is being made on this and when its likely to happen?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I seem to remember instruction for it to be complete by June / July 2003.

A friend worked for Woethephone and they were gearing up their sales staff for it 2 months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

Ya, ComReg issued a very snotty notice in January 2003 (ref. 03/03) mandating the introduction of full number portability by 23rd July this year (no doubt spurred on by the fact that a EU directive mandates its implementation by that date and if we don't make it ComReg gets the blame)

I'm just wondering about progress since. I'm really really keen to move to O2 and take a bus load of my clients with me and would hate to see any more delays.

Am really just looking for inside track stuff. Only thing I've heard so far is that you won't have any indication which network you are dialling until you ring the number. The ring tone will be different depending on the network. This is supposed to warn you that what might have been a cheap call isn't going to be.... Oh and it is estimated that between 5% and 15% of the user base will migrate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by De Rebel
    The ring tone will be different depending on the network. This is supposed to warn you that what might have been a cheap call isn't going to be.... Oh and it is estimated that between 5% and 15% of the user base will migrate.
    What a rip off :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

They are talking about adding a special tone to the beginning of the ring tone when u make the call.. Well vodafone are anyway

Also, Vodafone are currently recruiting for staff to deal specifically with number portability. They are also introducing numerous special offers to offer people if they do not change over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Ive been on vodafone training for this, it is ment to be up and running by the 1st of july. you will be able to swap networks and stay on PrePaid too. Im sure it will be advertised to death very soon!!!

• Advertisement

Also, the majority of systems their tech support team use have been upgraded to accept 086 and 085 numbers so it wont be long.

Anyway, O2 offer no where near as good a service as Vodafone!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭XbLaDe

o2 is ready to roll out Portability next month but vodafone currently want to delay it until late august/early september....

Anyway, O2 offer no where near as good a service as Vodafone!!! [/B]

Both networks offer differences in customer care, service and other areas ! Theres no one network better then the other as people have different experiences with both.

Yeah I know, just trying to stir some ****tt :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Hydromonkey

Does anyone know if it will be possible to migrate from a post-pay to a pre-pay with this?

You should be able to!!! Not 100% though

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Originally posted by XbLaDe

Both networks offer differences in customer care, service and other areas ! Theres no one network better then the other as people have different experiences with both.

My experience calling a friend on o2

dial number......silence for maybe 10 seconds. bing bong...silence.

I try again, dial number.........silence........... I hang up
    and again, dial number..........silence.......bing bong "sorry that number is not listed"
    Try again, dial number......ring ring.. "hello" I say, "jesus pete where the fcuk are you, the back of beyonds??" peter "nah im in O'Connell st."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

Yep you can go from prepay to post payin the blink of an eye, or as long as it takes to provision a new sim/account for you.

Are you ringing from 02 to 02? is it in one particular site or all the time. Are you ringing off-net? Handset issue rather than a network issue?

Lots of reasons for that kinda problematic coverage.

Emmo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭XbLaDe

Originally posted by Emmo
    Yep you can go from prepay to post payin the blink of an eye, or as long as it takes to provision a new sim/account for you.

Are you ringing from 02 to 02? is it in one particular site or all the time. Are you ringing off-net? Handset issue rather than a network issue?

Lots of reasons for that kinda problematic coverage.

Emmo

Reckon its a handset or sim issue. If all o2 customers on oconnell streets nearest cell were experiencing issues im sure they would have known about it by now.

Advertisement