Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Urgent Info - UK plate bike

Options
  • 27-05-2003 8:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

Hi

Im keen to get a bike from a private seller. He has a 2000 CBR1100 XX for sale - english plates. Price is good - almost too good - how do i know the bike is not stolen etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

IF you are suspicious, don't buy. Talk to the cops / Btirish Embassy and ask them is there any way they can verify ownership.

The price difference may be down to VRT.

See also: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=97787

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

Ye

Price is 6600 Euro - and he says around 740 Euro for tax and stuff. that makes it 7300 Euro - a good price - perhaps too good. Lemme read other thread - thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

HPI seem to check motorbikes as well as cars
    See: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/BIKES/buy/buyingadvice-bikes-hpi.jsp
    ~ £40stg
    www.hpicheck.com Probably easier to ring them though

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Silent Bob

MCN offer a complete background check on bikes in the UK. It will set you back about £45 (I think).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

Why not try this one from B&S

Honda Blackbird 1100 '00. PGM F1, fuel injection, black, completely standard, new tyres front & rear, ex cond throughout, p/ex condsidered, Price: €7,395 Contact: 087-6883221.

• Advertisement

thats the same bike. He had that one - then sold it and got another - similar money. its the plates / theft / licensing issues that make me weary.

Originally posted by Chaz
    thats the same bike. He had that one - then sold it and got another - similar money. its the plates / theft / licensing issues that make me weary.
    Sounds like a scam. Someone posted here about a guy who was selling a car with a fake ownership cert. and then stealing the car back.

I texted him last night for plate, engine and chassis number - no reply.

I have texted him before - and had no reply as well (normal questions). He answers to normal calls - avoids Texts? Unless he just rude and doesnt answer.

I am still sitting with hassel with insurance on private deal anyways (see other thread in motor forum) - so even if it were 100% - might not be able to buy the bike.

I am going to negoitate better price on one at Capital Honda - and see - or at least ask for insurance on another private deal im looking at - and buy all my kit from them.

I have texted him before - and had no reply as well (normal questions). He answers to normal calls - avoids Texts? Unless he just rude and doesnt answer.
    Some people don't know how to use texts, but I think you know where I stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Silent Bob

I texted him last night for plate, engine and chassis number - no reply.

You don't send an SM to someone you don't know when you want to sort out business! Pick up the phone and DIAL.

• Advertisement

It was quiet late - so hence the no phone call - text is less intrusive.

Either way - ive decided to go with slighly older bike and less monies - looking at 1 or 2 tomrrow - will buy then.

Thanks

Advertisement