Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sky dish align

• 27-05-2003 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Would some one be able to give me instructions and tips on how to align a sky digital dish. Also what I need to do this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Mark out with a marker from where you are starting from so if all else fails you can return to this point. If you can have portable TV closeby the dish thats ideal.Go to Services, 4 System Setup,6 Signal Test then move slowly. I have 70% Signal Strenght and 80% Signal Quality not sure but I think Signal Strenght is more important.
    PS Good luck and let us know how you get on!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭lawhec

It's really quality is what's more important - but saying that, without the strength you'll have no quality, and a stronger strength meter will give good guards against wet weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭swoofer

U had me goinmg there for a moment, should have clicked reply rather than new thread.

Get a good signal and quality will follow as it will mean dish is correctly aligned etc etc.

I have 100% signal strength and 90%+ signal quality with a Eurostar Quad LNB 80-cm dish. Of course a good LNB works wonders as well.

gb--

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭swoofer

Loftus

Have a look at a nearby SKY dish if u can and that will be a good guide. Digital signal is very very hard to lock onto as it is either there or it is not be sure to pause each time u move dish in very small increments, by using signal meter built in and when u fnd signal u should then get lock indicator and netowrk stream.

gb--

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Threads merged.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

Righto offical line is 'align your dish 28.2 degree east of south' but dont take my word for it go to www.astra.lu for more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Originally posted by Northern Correspondent
    It's really quality is what's more important -

Not really. I mean, how many ways can you interpret a 1 from a 0 or vice versa? With extra quality, the STB is only more sure, that its a 1 or a 0 but the outcome will always be the same.

Advertisement