Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question regarding LC

Options
  • 27-05-2003 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭

On the Day of the tests, can we choose what ever level(ordinary or higher)we want?

:D

Plus- is it too late to apply for PLC courses?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

I think the answer to both these questions are variable.

Certainly I remember people changing their level of paper on the day when I did it. If there is not enough papers to go round there will be no chance - also it may depend on the invigilators say so. There may be definite guidelines now, I did it in 96 so things can change.

As for PLC courses, I don't think I applied for the one I did until near the end of the Summer. This was in Sligo, so demand is going to differ depending on how good / popular the course is and in what part of the country it is. Nine was fairly laid back, thus the late entry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

Yes, you can choose level on the day.... but obviously you can't look at the paper first....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

You cant drop down to foundation though on the day I think

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Thats only if the exam has an oral I think, because foundation orals are differnet...hmmm thinks thats only irish in fact. Only 2 subjects foundations.!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

If there is not enough papers to go round there will be no chance

Last year I was one of those people who had to sit outside the door and help the superintendant and a few people changed and there wan't enough papers so i had to go and photocopy some

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Originally posted by Kappar
    Last year I was one of those people who had to sit outside the door and help the superintendant and a few people changed and there wan't enough papers so i had to go and photocopy some
    Ah, I forgot the common sense approach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

Originally posted by p.pete
    Ah, I forgot the common sense approach.

Sure don't we all forget sometimes ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭oneweb

AFAIR, you can only drop down from higher to ordinary level. If you're registered to do ordinary, you can't change to higher (you'd likely have missed some course content).

But don't leave it 'till the day to decide. Make an analysis of what you've done, your level of understanding of the subject and how you would do using past papers in the days running up. If you do think you're likely to do ordinary level, make sure you get a grasp on the exam layout as it may differ a good bit from the higher level.

Either way, Good Luck ;)

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 leavingcert2003

That photocopying the paper story i bull****. The paper can't leave the exam hall until the exam is over.

Advertisement