Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

making use of the middle mouse button in IE5

Options
  • 27-05-2003 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

Mozilla has a nice feature which lets you open a link in a new tab or window by clicking on it with the middle mouse button.. Anyone know if it's possible to do something similar with IE 5?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I usually press shift while clicking (I always browse boards this way when using IE). Don't even need a 3-button mouse to do that. Don't know if it can be done using the middle button on the 3-button mouse without involving the keyboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

my mouse came with a setup utility that lets you customise what the middle button does, i'm pretty sure you can set it to open link in new window.
    http://www.labtec.com/index.cfm?page=service/splash&crid=68&countryid=1003&languageid=1

it's for a labtec optical mouse, but it works fine perfectly with my balled microsoft intellimouse as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

If Kopf wanted another browser, Kopf would have asked for one.

Inane advocacy recycled.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

But some people need help to see the light.

Advertisement