Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another dumbass wants watercooling

Options
  • 27-05-2003 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

Heyas, thinking bout ordering a watercooling system in the next couple a days and I was just looking for some suggestions on what to go for. I reckon Iv got about €300 to spend on it.. and ehh thats about all I know :) .. yea I know google google google, Im off to do that now anyway !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭jow

Hi,

I have tried a lot of different products (of course not all of them), at the end: If you would spend "some" money I would say: Innovatek its what you have to go for.
    Their systems are easy to install, _very_ efficient and at least durable.

The finish is one of the best you can get...

And I don't say that because we are selling them :D:D

jow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

how loud is the pump you sell ?

Hi,

I haven't measured the Db-Rate.

It is very silent. The Set include special rubber-bolts to mount the pump in the case. As a result the remaining vibrations are eliminated.
    All your hear is a very silent noise. In my case my harddisk is the loudest component (reminds me that I have to do something against it ;) )

But most of the modern watercooling solutions are quiet.

You can check google for innovatek and their competitors.

or this articles but there are more tests available...

http://www17.tomshardware.com/cpu/20020102/index.html

http://www.modthebox.com/review120_1.html

regards

jow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

you a brand spanking new company ?

Hi,
    sorry if you get me wrong! :D

This is a discussion board, there was a question and I answered it.

Everybody have to built their own opinion.
    Thats why I always wrote "...have a look..."

Mine (better ours, to talk for our decision) was: We have tried a lot of H2O Systems available.

But when it comes to the decision what do you want to sell, you have to choose. Our choice was the above mentioned manufactuer (so far the advertisement......) because of the quality provided. Thats all :)

regards

jow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

thanks for the reply, seems to be what Im looking for alright..

whats the difference bewteen these two though ?

Complet-Set innovaSET FS(A) Socket A

Complet-Set innovaSET R3S(A) Socket A

I see the cpu cooler is different.. €30 worth of betterness ?

I also wanted something to whack on the ol geforce card.. I presume I have to buy that extra ? Or is it available at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

That and that seem to be for the graphics card.

Toms hardware have a nice little video about installing a watercooling kit and shows all the bits and pieces that go into it. I believe they were using Innovatek stuff, looks very nice.

ah.. didney see them. :D
    brings it up to €300 just nicely.

I take it they just cool the chipset. Iv been think'n about gett'n a 5900.. would I NEED to cool the memory on that aswell.. ? Or do ya reckon cooling the chip would suffice. sorry bout the 20 questions im just an idiot :cool:

I got this from watercooling.de whatcha think.. There were a few other options there under radiator and pump didnt really know what to pick.

Set Innovatek InnovaCool Rev.3 - €89.00
    - Thermal Compound None
    - Radiator innovaRadi Dual + 2 x Fans +€107.90
    - Pump Eheim 1048 +€43.90
    - Balance and filling tank AGB-O-Matic +€22.90
    - Mounting AMD Sockel A, FC-PGA, Socket 370, Socket 7
    - Tube (2 meters) 8/10 PUR - blue +€5.00

Sub-Total: €268.70
    And whatever they decide to charge me for delivery.

Fill me in jow.. is this better or worse than your offerings. be honest now !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

There's a particular kind of water you MUST use, and some chemicals you put into it. Something about being pure and nonconductive, rust preventing or whatever. Anyway, tap water won't do.

I noticed on hitide.ie they have the pumps with a molex connector. The last time I looked at watercooling.de's stuff, their pumps had a seperate mains connection. It would make things much simpler if you were to get a pump with the molex connector!

If you do go ahead and buy from one of these places, please post a thread here all about it! I'd like to hear about your experience installing it, and the difference it makes.

• Advertisement

Hi,

sorry for the delay..... (had a BF session last night and no time to look in the boards :D )

OK, here's the plot: The RS3 only difference is the cooler. This CPU-Cooler is one of the best available. It is big, it is heavy, it cools very good.
    The FS has the "younger" brother. This one is also very good. The difference in the temperature (if I remind the Test in a German Hardware Magazine) should be around 5 Degrees Celsius.

So if you have a _very_ hot CPU it makes sense. Due to the fact that the temperatures in Ireland normaly not sooooo hot, I would say the small one is enough.

I wouldn't recommend the Dual-Radiator because it is _very_ big (you need a big case to install it inside), and the Dual-Fans make more noise than a single one. Unless you are in tropical conditions or want to extrem-overclocking your system I would say it doesn't make sense.

The next thing is the pump: Our 1046 can be connected direct to the PC-power supply. So there is no need to improvise something to get the wires out of the case (do I have to mention that germany has different plugs than Ireland?). ;) The pump is more expensive than the "regular" one. This is because of the new electronics.

You have to put anti-corrosive into the system, otherwise your warranty from inovatek is void.

For the 5900: I don't now if it requires Memory cooling, we don't had such a Card until now. We will try it in the future.... Sorry!

To give you a hint: The Sets contains everything you need.
    It is easier than ordering separate components, specially when you are a "first-time" user.

by the way: We deliver a english installation manual.....
    :D

If you have questions.... please ask

jow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

Apparently tygon tubing is the best, I think it doesn't kink (so it won't resist the water flow)
    Also to get that non-conductive element to your water you need to use deionised water. You can get this in a car accessories shop as far as I know. It will most likely be anti-corrosive.
    You can also get colouring for your water which can be flouresent or not. It can also help you visually spot if any leaks are appearing.
    There can be a draw back to the colouring though. If it settles while the water isn't moving (ie computer switched off) then it can gunk up tubes, blocks, radiators etc. So if you're gonna get something like that make sure it's not a suspended solution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Nitrox

Hi
    I have ordered the high end 240 kit from this german site:
    http://www.aqua-computer-systeme.de
    After almost 4 weeks i am still waiting, but looking at all the reviews about this product i think it is worth the wait!!
    The kit is not only one of the most efficient, but also (or so i think) best looking kits around!!
    Might give you some feedback on my experiences later when it finally arrives and a lot of Dremel work has been done to my case :cool:

Advertisement