Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tralee Hospital - any opinions ?

• 27-05-2003 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Does anyone know anything about Tralee General/County Hospital ?

(*not* the private hospital)

Does the hospital have a good reputation locally?

Or does it have a longer than average waiting list?

Anyone got any info or opinions about it?

Thanx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭embraer170

From what I hear, it has a average/poor reputation locally. That said, a friend of mine who moved here from continental Europe and had to spend a few weeks there found the place, staff and care excellent.

Waiting lists are relatively short however the staff ratio is poor.

Nurse/Bed is about 101/100, the better Irish public hospitals all have around 150.
    Doctor/Bed around 40/100, the better ones have 60/100.

[But I am not saying that is indicative of health care quality]

I know that I personally would keep out the place (and most public hosptitals here), that said, I am currently not the one paying my health insurance.

Jer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Mars

thank you!

Do you know if there is any publically available information showing the length of waiting lists (or any other interesting info) of public hospitals?

Or the comparison of operation successfulness for each hospital, or any other hospital "league tables"?

Do you not think public hospitals here would generally be just as good as public hospitals in the UK?

When I was in the UK, all people (the media anyhow) seem to talk about is how bad UK public hospitals are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭embraer170

The Sunday Times hospital guide is a good place to start:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/section/0,,3763,00.html

As for comparing Irish and UK hospitals, I genuinely don't have the slightest idea. From the British media (mainly television), I get the impression that British hospitals are an absolute disgrace, long waiting lists etc. I don't think Irish hospitals are that bad, but that is just a feeling.

Jer

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement