Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane line-up

• 28-05-2003 12:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

Watching the re-run of todays Gonzo on MTV2, Zane mentioned this years Slane.

What surprised me was when he said the RHCP were supporting the Foos...mistake I thought, he'll get it right eventually. Didn't happen. He even turned it into a little joke with off camera guy, and said something like:

"(pretending to be a Chilli) we'll let you headline, we'll play before you, for longer, with a bigger light show"

Now, am I to gather from this that the Chilli's will play before the Foo Fighters at Slane??? Even if the Foos set is shorter than the Chillis?

Anyone know?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Unknown

Man, are you seriously going to believe Zane Lowe?
    Slane 2003 is Red Hot Chili Peppers, with special guests Foo Fighters, Queens of the Stone Age and so forth.

Festivals close with headliners, which in this case is RHCP, no matter what Music Television tells you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

No, if I seriously believed him I wouldn't be asking if anybody knew anything about it, would I? I'd simply state it for other people's benefit.

Thanks anyway...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 polemical

It's a deadly line up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Tickets definitely say Chilis' plus guests. Then of course theres the fact that the 2 bands have already done an American tour with each other - think Chilis were the main band but there may actually have been instances where the Foo went on last. Should be good either way.

Is there any chance Grohl will do some drumming with Q o the Stone Age.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Originally posted by p.pete
    Is there any chance Grohl will do some drumming with Q o the Stone Age.

That chance is the only reason I'm even considering going to it. Seen fooz once and queens twice before and chillis just don't do it for me. Seeing Dave drum would make it workth the money.

Dregin

• Advertisement

Originally posted by dregin-x
    That chance is the only reason I'm even considering going to it. Seen fooz once and queens twice before and chillis just don't do it for me. Seeing Dave drum would make it workth the money.

Dregin
    I can see you being one dissapointed little bunny. Even if he does drum nobody really pays attention until the last act or two - there is going to be a lot of people getting on your tits, wondering around and getting drunk while your trying to appreciate the drumming.

Hopefully will be good either way though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

so far the only addition I'm even slightly happy with is Feeder but I'm still hoping

I said it b4 and i'll say it again...Who the Hell is PJ Harvey?

Originally posted by Sauron16

"Big fish, little fish, swimming under water, come back here and give me my daughter" Thats all the lyrics I know, could be interesting, I suppose. If you can get drunk enough that early in the day;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

.......Intriging....

:ninja:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Originally posted by dregin-x

Dregin

I imagine you will be disappointed then.

This from the fairly authorative www.thefade.net

NOTE: Dave Grohl will NOT be drumming for QOTSA on this (or any other) tour! His last show with the band was on July 28, 2002 at the Fuji Rock Festival in Japan, so don't expect to see him behind the drum kit on the next tour. Joey Castillo of Danzig is the new drummer.

T'is a pity I'll grant you that, but Castillo is a good drummer in his own right.

• Advertisement

It would be a bit hurtful to this Castillo fellow if everyone turned up to see the band with the hope that he won't be drumming. He wouldn't want to have any complexes:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

so far the only addition I'm even slightly happy with is Feeder but I'm still hoping

She did stuff with Nick Cave.

Who she looks scarily like!

Although she's back in a new guise and looks quite hot according to a guy I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭JJ

EEK! You've never heard of PJ Harvey! Tut x 2!

http://www.pjharvey.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭razorfeather

I said it b4 and i'll say it again...Who the Hell is PJ Harvey? [/B]

pj harvey is excellent i highlyyyyy recommend her..
    really really excellent

recommended downloads :
      this is love big exit this mess we're in (featuring thom yorke - radiohead) (excellllent)

Advertisement