Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unethical Eircom behaviour

Options
  • 28-05-2003 8:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

I ordered Eircom i-stream starter a few weeks ago. I live very near the exchange and my line passed for all ADSL products, starter and all business including enhanced. I was getting an engineer to callout as I have an ISDN line and that had to be downgraded to PSTN as part of the process. Rang Eircom the day before the due date to confirm all was ok, it was. Took half day from work to be at home, no engineer. Rang Eircom, was told he would be there later on. Never showed. Rang Eircom the next day, no explanation given, didn't know what happened. Sent an official complaint to Eircom this Monday and cancelled the order. Checked to see if my line passes for ADSL just 2 days later and you guessed it, it doesn't, so I cannot get DSL for IOL Broadband now. This is seriously unethical and anti-competitive behaviour from Eircom. Anyone have any suggestions where to go from here ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Write all the details of your experience down without exaggeration, rhetoric or anger, and a seperate covering letter in which you can express some anger, but not rant. Fold it up nice and neat and send it to Comreg. Give them a few working days to process it, then ring to enquire about your case. Get the name of the person dealing with it, and a case id if appropriate, and follow it up regularly until ComReg give you a final say on the case.

EDIT: EsatBT is also entitled to complain about specific issues, so ask them if they have or if they will. Same goes for Netsource and any other resellers hiding out there.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

Sorry to hear about that. Do exactly as Adam said. ComReg may want you to conclude your complaint with Eircom before they get involved. Make it clear in your letter to them that your Eircom complaint has concluded and that you are dissatisfied with the response to the complaint as well as being dissatisfied with Eircom's oriinal failure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Good advice from De Rebel there, Comreg is notorious for passing off complaints about cable television operators in this way.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭css

Just a few queries, do Eircom notify you in writing if your line passes or fails? If so you have a written record, which is great.

You could always reapply for I-stream, and get your line retested. If they are up to tricks, then you should have the 3 letters/emails. Stating pass-fail-pass....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭shinzon

Originally posted by css
    Just a few queries, do Eircom notify you in writing if your line passes or fails? If so you have a written record, which is great.

You could always reapply for I-stream, and get your line retested. If they are up to tricks, then you should have the 3 letters/emails. Stating pass-fail-pass....

they dont send anyhting in writing, nor do they tell why you passed or failed just that you have, there tied to that god awful database of theres and they live or die by it

regards

shin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,664 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Originally posted by douglasman
    This is seriously unethical and anti-competitive behaviour from Eircom. Anyone have any suggestions where to go from here ?

Sound more like a mistake than an evil scheme, now if they actually installed eircom bb for you, after failing it for IOL, they you might have a cause to complain.

But this just sounds you got a false positive, and nobody bother to call to tell you any difference.

Advertisement