Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiohead finished versions

Options
  • 28-05-2003 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭

Apparently there is 4 finished songs from hail to the thief at: http://capitolrecords.com/radiohead/

Has anyone listened to them (haven't had the chance yet
    :( ) ? and how do ye reckon they compare to the "unfinished" versions that were leaked?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

'There There', 'Sail To The Moon', 'Myxamatosis' and 'A Punch Up At A Wedding' are all there.

Mixed and Mastered. ;)

Luc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

LOL Mixed and Mastered someone else said that to me in vain hope that the album would sound better when its released.
    The version of There There (me new fav song evarrrrr!!!!) on MTV2 is identical to the one on the album that was released on the web.

I dont think that version thats on the web needs mixing and mastering just some fans couldnt accept it wasnt good enough.

kdjac

Of course, all the recorded tracks are the exact same. Mixing gives it that certain 'polish' though, making it sound much better, much more clarity. ;)

Have to say, Myxamatosis is my favourite atm.

All in all, a fantastic album.

Luc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

They live on MTv2 next tuesday night one of the gigs from the last 2 weeks dont think its Dublin there was only 3 cameras at that one well on saturday night there was only 3.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

yeah, i like the enw album, and myxamatosis would prob also be my fave, along with 2+2=5, and sail to the moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

Can't wait to hear the proper version of Scatterbrain - thought that was one of their best live songs.

Punch Up At a Wedding sounds a bit muted, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

the show on mtv2 is tho one from sheperds bush on may 25th (sun)

It was meant to be class

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Originally posted by sikes
    the show on mtv2 is tho one from sheperds bush on may 25th (sun)

It was meant to be class
    I heard thom played "true love waits" solo as the last song - Kept forgetting the words and running to the front of the audience to get the next lines, would love to see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

I heard thom played "true love waits" solo as the last song - Kept forgetting the words and running to the front of the audience to get the next lines

:eek: Class...

Is this being broadcast on MTV1 in the first week of June (Tues/Wed) at 7.30pm? Heard that somewhere.

Also does anyone know when the Later With Jools Holland ep with them is being shown?

AH NEEDS MAH FIX!!

Radiohead are due on 'Later' this day next week according to the site on www.bbc.co.uk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Zwan should be on the same night as Radiohead.
    It kind of sucks, I know I'm going to be at home tonight but the chances of me being home two fridays in a row is remote - so I'll probably miss it (guess thats why they invented video machines;) ).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

also, anothger thing that's struck me about the album is that his voice sounds very weak in comparison to the previous ones.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

"It's all ****ed"... "It's mad its brilliant and it's terrible. It's a brave new world" - Colin Greenwood on the internet copies if the new album.

I just love that quote!

Advertisement