Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More T300 GPRS Configuration Woes

• 28-05-2003 11:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭

Got a SonyEricsson T300 yesterday (unlocked T-Mobile one from Ebay). I had previously updated my SIM and I got GPRS activated on my account by Vodafone yesterday (my old phone didn't have it). I then downloaded the GPRS configurator from the SonyEricsson site but when I tried to connect it said connecting for a fraction of a second then "GPRS parameters not supported".

Interestingly I was able to get GPRS working with a borrowed O2 sim card using the configurator from the SonyEricsson site.

Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

it sounds like GPRS still isn't activated
    ring them up again

can you see the gprs network availability in the bottom left corner

its above the gsm availability

also, make sure that you are using the correct profile

let me know how these go........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Thanks MiCr0 appreciate the suggestions. TomTom sent me this

As regards the GPRS, Vodafone set mine up and it did not work so I rang back and was put talking to an engineer and he told me that the t300 is not a phone that is supported by vodafone. From esato.com I found that the t68 and the t300 use the same configuration so I rang vodafone and asked them to set up my gprs using a t68 configuration and it worked. I don't know how the settings are done on their end but the phone type must have something to do with it. Also while you are on to them, you have to get your mms setup seperatly and if you are ready to go you cannot get e-mail access through their ISP (isp.vodafone.ie) so they say. I have hear from a few ppl that they have it working.

It worked a treat! Am still grappling with Email though (I'm pay monthly). Do I need Vodafone to turn that on too. My MMS works fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

do you have vodafone.ie email already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

yes and I've used the sonyerricson configurator to set up the account on my phone.

Advertisement