Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gainward geforce 4 mx440 64mb

• 28-05-2003 1:51pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anybody own one of these ??

I140533.jpg

Am thinking of upgrading from a geforece2 mx 400 32mb. Will I see any real difference in fps games. For example in cs at the moment i get 50-99fps. Never a constant fps and it does become quite jerky sometimes.

Any comments ???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

what cpu etc you got currently? It will give you a boost alright just not sure how much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Flashman

You'd be better off spending the extra few euros buying a GF4 Ti4200, about 100e second hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

i don the exact same thing your going to do and i did see a difference . the fps is now stable .ull be able to sit in the smoke nades and be happy

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

on a PIII 850Mhz with 320 MB Ram is it worth upgrading to a geforece2 mx 400 from e TNT Riva 2 Pro 32MB or will my PC not be able to take it because its not too powerful?

I play opflash and CS or DOD all the time, im not complaining i get what i expect but a bit of a help graphics wise would cheer me up so much without having to replace the whole system just yet.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Im on an intel p3 1gig with 512mb ram. Im sure that would be able to handle it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Ah yeah it should no problem. I have that GFX card. Works well for me, bu then I had never used anything but crappy onboard beforehand :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Morpheus, the GF2 MX400 is better than what you have, but it's no animal.

In the GF2 class you would be better off with a GF2 Ti (in most benchmarks it's about twice as good as the MX400, and in real terms of playing games, as good or better than the GF4 MX series, depending on the game in question).

I might know a guy selling one soon. I think it's a GF2 Ti 64MB DDR, He has it in an Athlon 800, playing Unreal Tournament 2003 on a high detail setting at 800 x 600 (or you can go 1024 x 768 at a medium detail setting). It plays all the newest games too without a bother. if you're interested let me know and I'll ask him what he wants for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic/20030120/vgacharts-02.html
    go there, it shows a comparison between highend cards on a lowend system and a highend system

a geforce 3 is better than a geforce 4 mx

Advertisement