Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keyboards with extra buttons

• 28-05-2003 3:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

I have a keyboard lying around that has some extra buttons. For example there is a mute key, some volume ones and suchlike.

Just wondering how do I get to use all of these fine keys. For example controling winamp with some of the play keys, and my ingame volume with the volume keys. Is there a general program to do this or do I have to go looking at the maker of the keyboard's website to get what I am looking for.

It is a compaq keyboard, btw.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,011 ✭✭✭uch

you could try using compaq EAB (easy access Button ) software but I'm not sure if you can control volume from it.

21/25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

AFAIK those keyboards have an ANSI standard they must follow....

There is a winamp plugin that allows extra keys like that to control playback ... I dont think you can control volume with this plugin... I have a Trust keyboard that works like this (FF, RW and play etc would not work with winamp until I loaded the plugin)

The plugins are available on the winamp website ....

You should be able to get a driver from the manufacturer that allows svolume control and maybe using any other keys ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Have a Logitech internet navigator keyboard with volume,video,internet a scroll bar and a loada other stuff.

Using windows XP and all the buttons have worked no hassle

To well actually. Theres this little button that puts the computer on standby, have pressed it on several occasions accidently, very annoying.

Advertisement