Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q re: Suitable Netsource Modem

Options
  • 28-05-2003 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Getting hooked up with Netsource on 10 June (ish). Didn't like the prospect of paying E143 for their modem. I was thinking of getting the Sitecom USB ADSL modem (DC 204 I think) from Peats for E105. Anyone got any thoughts on this. I only have a laptop in the flat at the mo so I dont need a wireless / router solution.

On a side note, I found the Netsource people really helpful. I was dealing with a lady named Nicola. Only issues I had was an initial delay due to Eircom not replying to them on the status of my new phone line.

- cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭bambam

Sorry mixed that post, the sitecom is from Maplin who unfortunately don't stock it any more - shame as it was E80 * I think the UK still do it). What Peats have is a DLink 200 which as I said is going for E105

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

Well if your going for RADSL you'd probably reach full speeds using a 28.8k modem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by Sloth
    Well if your going for RADSL you'd probably reach full speeds using a 28.8k modem.

LoL

Advertisement