Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL, EIRCOM, IBB, NETSOURCE ALL Say Can't do - but my area is still "enabled"?

• 28-05-2003 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Boy was I excited when I found out the news that Broadband DSL was coming to Ireland..

Not wanting to wait for the massive backlog that would have been present with netsource or iol, and not wanting to pay the high fees low allowance of eircom.. I gave IBB a call..

They told me that I would probably be able to get a good signal from the rte transmitter and that Bianca would call me back.
    A week later still no call back, so I give them a ring.. the only personal detail they have taken down correctly is my first name.. and obviously, clontarf is completley no-holds barred absolutely out of range for the RTE Transmitter..

So I call up netsource.. and they say Clontarf has dsl, and just send my cheque through..

so I send the cheque, but the next day I get a phonecall to say on further inspection Clontarf is enabled, except for my phoneline..the order is cancelled..

Fine, maybe I'll have a restricting Cap, but I have no choice - IOL..
    same story, I'm told its the luck of the draw.. and although I live in the most central area of clontarf with the exchange on my street..They cant do anything..she suggested I ring up €ircon and get a second phoneline..

I ring up €ircon, and like always..they seem to laugh at everything I say.. of course a second phoneline would'nt do anything..stupid!!
    then the forwarding began from the 1800 i stream number to 11811 to 1901 to the i stream 1800 residential number to some confused guy to a switchboard..and finally to a mobile phone with someone who was helping the guy out who dealt with phonelines in clontarf.. he took my number and told me he would call me back..

you guessed it..

Sob:( !!..what am I to do?? Norway, here I come!!

Advertisement