Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shouting at the IQCL finals

Options
  • 24-06-1998 12:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭

May sound lame, but the players might end up shouting stuff around the room to each other during the clan games in the cybercafe....like we do it all the time in the comp labs, but these games are a wee bit more serious, so what do you reckon Eric;
    Shall we shout, or shall we have to be quiet and use the team talk?

On a diff note, there'll be better tactics going up for death32c soon, and some simple quake sign language stuff that'll help loads during the game (I reckon)

Bun

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

Well i'm using headphones. I can't see Beast or Tomb shouting across a room but I don't want to listen to the screams of INC being destroyed by us. :)
    :
    : May sound lame, but the players might end up shouting stuff around the room to each other during the clan games in the cybercafe....like we do it all the time in the comp labs, but these games are a wee bit more serious, so what do you reckon Eric;
    : Shall we shout, or shall we have to be quiet and use the team talk?

: On a diff note, there'll be better tactics going up for death32c soon, and some simple quake sign language stuff that'll help loads during the game (I reckon)

: Bun

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

: Well i'm using headphones. I can't see Beast or Tomb shouting across a room but I don't want to listen to the screams of INC being destroyed by us. :)
    As bunny said this can be a very useful tactic...
    :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

There's nothing like a group shoutin' and roarin' to inspire greatness...be the crowd Fans _OR_ Participants...
    Plus, if teams don't have to type, it leaves more time for action! ; )

I'm sure everyone who plays in a café/lab/whatever uses verbal communication at some stage (unless ofcourse it's REALLY hush hush), so screaming (exageration?) won't be a surprise to them!

Well that's just my opinion...for what it's worth!

Dav

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

: On a diff note, there'll be better tactics going up for death32c soon, and some simple quake sign language stuff that'll help loads during the game (I reckon)

Barrys have a qizmo running on jim.barrysworld.com:6969, if anyone wants to use it, maybe even use the realtime speech.

flavorflav

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Well, I thought of that, Were putting up a small partition
    between the two clans during the matches.

Sure if someone is screaming at the top of their voices
    then surely the oppistition will hear so its in the teams
    interest to try and keep it down.

As for observers, SCREAM SHOUT and LET IT all out! Bring on
    the atmosphere!

• Advertisement

: : : There's nothing like a group shoutin' and roarin' to inspire greatness...be the crowd Fans _OR_ Participants...

: : Or nothning like hearing the fear in someones voice as you over run thier base and they call for backup.

: thats the best sound..been playing some warcraft..trying to get myself unhocked from quake and study...:)
    : but 2v2 in warcraft is class oh sh!t they are both attacking from the north and south help :)
    : hehe

: Ro hmm time for quake..

Warcraft is good but Dungeon keeper is better.

: Warcraft is good but Dungeon keeper is better.

...and Starcraft is better than both!

Anyone for the first Irish Starcraft clan?
    Or did someone beat me to it.. :)

Teeth.

: There's nothing like a group shoutin' and roarin' to inspire greatness...be the crowd Fans _OR_ Participants...

Or nothning like hearing the fear in someones voice as you over run thier base and they call for backup.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

: : There's nothing like a group shoutin' and roarin' to inspire greatness...be the crowd Fans _OR_ Participants...

: Or nothning like hearing the fear in someones voice as you over run thier base and they call for backup.

thats the best sound..been playing some warcraft..trying to get myself unhocked from quake and study...:)
    but 2v2 in warcraft is class oh sh!t they are both attacking from the north and south help :)
    hehe

Ro hmm time for quake..

: As for observers, SCREAM SHOUT and LET IT all out! Bring on
    : the atmosphere!

go on ya mad things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Advertisement
Advertisement