Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

isdn problem?

Options
  • 28-05-2003 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

Background first I suppose. I just got an isdn line installed and the modem that I got simply will not install into my pc. My only way around this was to set it up in another pc on the network and enable network sharing.

And now the problem. When I am playing games online(mostly dod) I notice a serious lag spike. sometimes it is over in seconds other times for minutes.

Question. Is there a program that I could get for the other pc(the one with the isdn modem) to check that it isn't accessing the internet while I am playing. I am wondering if it is checking for updates or something like that.

Or. Could there be something else wrong? The pc that I am connecting through is a few years old(a pIII 500) and I am afraid that it might be going into standby or something like that. Is this a possibility and could it be the cause?

Thanks for your time

Advertisement