Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xDSL Recommendation

Options
  • 28-05-2003 10:50pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

Area: Cork ; Ballincollig (Eircom only exchange)
    Requirements: Low Latency, ie gaming

I'd like a recommendation on which isp to go with. Should I go for Eircom adsl, radsl or Netsource radsl or should I try IOL(esat) Radsl offering. At the moment I'm leaning towards IOL radsl, but I'm wondering what others would recommend and if anyone has received delivery of IOL radsl yet.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Tripkipke

If you can afford it (and if eircom has the tech.) I'd suggest you opt for SDSL,where I come from this is not that expensive but I have no idea about ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

You lucky lucky ba$tard .... I have tried and failed to get my line passed for broadband in Ballincollig (I'm at the east end of town) ... even after they replaced my phoneline from the wall jack all the way to the patch panel at the side of the main road ... the reason they did this is because they said my line had high resistance ....I must have had them test my line about 6 times... I might try again

BTW, I found out a while back that the eircon exchange in Ballincollig is down near the An Post distribution centre ... (near the old topps factory, west end of town) ... just to check it out I drove there, its only about 1.7 miles (I know the phone line may not follow the road, but its a good guess with Ballincollig, it a long town)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

I'm in Muskerry, it's almost on my topps is almost on my backdoor.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

SDSL,where I come from this is not that expensive but I have no idea about ireland.

you have no idea how lucky you are that you dont live here....

you cant get ANY SDSL in this country, no matter how much you're willing to pay for it :(

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Originally posted by andrew163
    you have no idea how lucky you are that you dont live here....

you cant get ANY SDSL in this country, no matter how much you're willing to pay for it :(

Actually, I believe Esat use SDSL for some of their leased line products, but it costs an arm and a leg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

:eek: ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Wish people would stay on topic and just answer my friggin question :rolleyes:

Advertisement