Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Football

• 28-05-2003 10:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭

Am I missing something here or does nobody support Irish football teams anymore, it's been a while since I've seen any mention of any.

21/25

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

You should come to the Soccer board more often so. They are discussed quite often imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Not many EL fans here nearly all Celtic fans yah know the real Irish fans who support a real irish club.

kdjac

Originally posted by KdjaC
    Not many EL fans here nearly all Celtic fans yah know the real Irish fans who support a real irish club.

kdjac

lol kdjac ... I can see more arguments heading this way! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

On no here we go again. I thought the near record breaking soccer thread got all that stuff off peoples minds:(

Anyway g'wan the Gypsies as my fave top flite team and Athlone Town as my first division team (we'll get back up yet;) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

I'd love to see Waterford Utd win the league this season. Second place is a great start to the season for them but I don't see it lasting. Second worst defence in the league so far, unless that is fixed they'll start sinking fairly quick.

• Advertisement

lol .... anyway, no one wants to take about the team I support in the EL. They're not even in the Premier Division FFS.

C'mon Bray!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

G'wan the seasiders.....

We'll be back :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/irish/eircomdivision1table.html

Have a look at Sligo Rovers, surely it should read 12 points ?
    3 wins, 3 draws and 1 loss, does not make 10 pts !!

Poor old Sligo, should have gotten promoted last season - guess thats what happens when you fill the team with kids from Summerhill College, they just can't do the math;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Look at Athlone there, sneaking up with 6 points, premier division football here we come;)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by jonno
    Look at Athlone there, sneaking up with 6 points, premier division football here we come;)
    That game at hand is going to be vital, given that your 11 points off the lead (already!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

Maybe we should all wear Shamrock Rovers Jerseys and confuse the Celtic Supporters ??

21/25

Originally posted by uch
    Maybe we should all wear Shamrock Rovers Jerseys and confuse the Celtic Supporters ??

And burn in hell for all your sins :mad:

We playing Bohs this week wonder what team will play the good team ,the bad team or the inept team.
    Such is the joys of watching Pats.

kdjac

Originally posted by p.pete
    Poor old Sligo, should have gotten promoted last season - guess thats what happens when you fill the team with kids from Summerhill College, they just can't do the math;)

Funny you should say that, Summerhill won the World Schools tournament in 1990 and not one of those players went on to play for Rovers, that cant add up !!!!

Originally posted by SprostonGreen
    Funny you should say that, Summerhill won the World Schools tournament in 1990 and not one of those players went on to play for Rovers, that cant add up !!!!
    What:confused: I know I didn't actually go to Summerhill until about 92' but I would have thought that they would still be bragging about something like that years after.

Most of them probably went to UCD or Galway, so predictable;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Originally posted by jonno
    On no here we go again. I thought the near record breaking soccer thread got all that stuff off peoples minds:(

Nope its still a bit off. As far as I know the Roy Keane Thread from the WC ie this one http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52667&highlight=keane is the record holder on the soccer board.

As for Irish football it is discussed but doesn't get the exposure it should which alot of us are guilty of. I for one made a comment that I would try and go to some LOI games last season I didn't so I will definately try this summer. Just have to decide which game/games to go to.

Gandalf.

Pats vs Bohs morrow night should be fun.
    Not for me tho but those games are always competitive ;)

kdjac

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Dundalk supporter here...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

I think the real rivalry in EL soccer is between Shamrock Rovers and Bohs, nothing else seems to matter to either set of supporters except beating each other.

21/25

Originally posted by gandalf
    Nope its still a bit off. As far as I know the Roy Keane Thread from the WC is the record holder on the soccer board.
    LOL, just had a quick look at the thread - you described the story as a "slow news day" on the first page of posts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

LOL, just had a quick look at the thread - you described the story as a "slow news day" on the first page of posts?

LOL didn't relaise I was using that line that far back :)

Oh the gift of hindsight eh :p

Gandalf.

What:confused: I know I didn't actually go to Summerhill until about 92' but I would have thought that they would still be bragging about something like that years after.

Most of them probably went to UCD or Galway, so predictable;)

I dont think any of them went on to a career in football.

Bragging !, Sligo people have a reseved coolness, well the townies any ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

There are some eircom league fans on this board but if youre an eircom league fan the old eicomleague.net(which is now closed down) forum is the best place for discusion the address is akward to remember Go to hospitalpass.net and there is a link at the botom of the page. Foot.ie has some eircom league disscusion aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Shels fan here, but I'm ashamed to say I haven't been in a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i like to see Waterford United doing well. i must get to a few of the games at the RSC during the summer. it's a bit hard with no car and the bus being a rip off. TV3 should show more live games as well

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    i like to see Waterford United doing well. i must get to a few of the games at the RSC during the summer. it's a bit hard with no car and the bus being a rip off. TV3 should show more live games as well
    Well, 4-1 down last night, I hope your happy. They must be the most exciting team to watch this season - so far this season is it 17 against and 15 for?I know it would be easy to find out but I'm lazy.

Originally posted by Mossy Monk

Always wondered why the hell the RSC is so far outside the town makes no sense.

kdjac

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by KdjaC
    Always wondered why the hell the RSC is so far outside the town makes no sense.

kdjac
    To get you of yer lazy arses!

When we there once every 2 years < LOL heheheh pain in the arse getting back to the town from the ground.
    Luckily people in Waterford are really nice and everytime we been there we hitch hiked back :)

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Plenty of people do but I think if you want a proper discussion you really go to different websites for a natter on Irish club football.

Sorry for digging up such an old thread but was searching for something else and this appeared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Ten and a half year old thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Ten and a half year old thread!

In fairness though, jonno called it saying Athlone would eventually get promoted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Might as well ib4tl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

I wonder what the outcome of a Shels 2003 XI versus a Shels 2013 XI would be?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

born2bwild wrote: »
    I wonder what the outcome of a Shels 2003 XI versus a Shels 2013 XI would be?

Something along the lines of that Spain Tahiti match in the confederations cup this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

dan1895 wrote: »
    Something along the lines of that Spain Tahiti match in the confederations cup this year.
    2003: Wes Hoolohan, Owen Heary, Ollie Cahill, Dave Rogers, Richie Baker, Jason Byrne, Stephen Geoghan, Dessie Baker, Stuart Byrne - it would be a massacre.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

This thread has had its time. Long long ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement