Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Glenbeigh

• 29-05-2003 11:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Myself and couple of friends are thinking of heading to Kerry for the long weekend, specifically Glenbeigh. I've never been before so I was wondering is it worth spending a night or two? What's the craic like with the pubs and clubs (if there are any). And also is there anything of interest in the locality if I manage to drag myself out of the pub?

Cheers,

John

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭embraer170

Clubs in Glenbeigh? You know we're talking about a little village....

There are a few pubs, how good/bad there are, I really have no idea.

Things to do? Well there's Rossbeigh Strand not far. Can't think of anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭Carnate

No clubs in Glenbeigh,

a few pubs Towers Hotel, Falcon Inn, Glenbeigh Hotel

Kilorglan is a bit bigger has loads more pubs, both places are

very touristy, Its Quiet in glenbeigh and noisy in Kilorglan.

also just noticed the date u posted sry..

missed it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭embraer170

Killlorglin ah that town that worships the goat.

Not much in the line of Clubs there either AFAIK, only The Forge which is officially a pub I think.

I'd hardly call the place particularly noisy, just a small town with a small town athmosphere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Last time I was in Glenbeigh, which I have to admit was probably ten years ago, there was a "dance" at the hotel near the beach at the weekend. Pure culshie dance with slows and the lot, but great craic nonetheless.

adam

That was Rossbeigh Inn, no longer there, must have been a while ago :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

It's been about 12 years since I was there for a weekend. There was a dance on in the hotel that night as well:D

It's grand really. There's nothing there of course but there used be a table space invaders machine in one of the local pubs. I'm quite sorry I didn't run off with it now.

GIven that anything we post will be too late to do John any good, hopefully we'll get an update on the development of the bulging metropolis when he gets back

Do you still have to go through a back garden to get into the screen in the Oisin in Killorglin?:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Originally posted by Carnate
    That was Rossbeigh Inn, no longer there, must have been a while ago :)
    You're right, it was Rossbeigh, although I thought the Rossbeigh Inn was the one in the village type thing a mile or so inland from the beach.

[All I remember was watching a old buddy of mine "surf" the beach on top of his Renault 5 van at about 4am. Bizarre times.]

adam

maybe ure thinking of the Falcon Inn,

Rossbeigh Inn was on the beach almost parked ure cars at an angle and walked to the front doors, the same Rossbeigh Inn whos owners won the lotto a long while ago, big win as well.

There are only 3 Main Hotel/Pubs in Glenbeigh The Tower's Hotel ,The Glenbeigh Hotel, and the Falcon Inn, may be renamed now, been a couple of years since i was in it. There was a "Wine Bar" But it only survived a few years, as the Village is seasonal, lots of B&B'S and caravan parks and tent cities during the summer, Man this brings it all back to me.

Some great times were had when i was a kid going there for the summer hols, My Mum lives there now for the past 15 years and is still considered a "Blow In".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

Hi guys,

The first pub I went in to in Glenbeigh had too entrances with different names over each door. One was Ashe's and over the other door said O'Sulleabhains but it all connected together inside. I think it may have been new enough. It's directly across from The Towers hotel.

I found the Towers gas, in that when the main bar closed at 12.30ish, everybody just piled in to the function room at the back where they served until all hours. There was lots of singing and craic in there too.

They were the only two pubs I was in. We didn't bother with the other hotel because somebody said it wasn't great.

John

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement