Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mmorpg for beginner

• 29-05-2003 12:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭

k i usually spend most of my time on CS, but seeing as im getting a 5 hour a day internet package for the summer, i wanna make my first foray into the world of mmorpgs. So basically, whats teh best one? I loved games like the diablo series, so a fantasy world 1 is the one id favour most.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

Best type To go for is a new one..the latest kid on the block.
    If you went to EQ or even DAOC you would find that most people are much higher level than you and know the game inside out.
    In a new game everyone starts from scratch (apart from beta players) anda lot of the enjoyment of the game is developing with other players from the start.
    It's easier to make friends also in a new game.
    As to which one to advise you I'm not really sure but be sure to read post on addictivnesssss.
    Maybe try Planetside as you played CS?.
    It aint Fantasy tho.
    DemonBaby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

PlanetSide is not an MMORPG. It's a MMOFPS.

It doesn't really matter what you start with. I recommend taking the Bartle Test to see what you like.

Test is here -> http://www.andreasen.org/bartle/test.cgi?lang=en

After that it should list the sort of game you like.

The other factors you have to take into account.
    1. Time. Most of these games are a time leech and if your not careful you can be sucked in.

2. Cost. Prices vary from game to game. Make sure you check the price beforehand. Some offer free game time to start off or until you reach a certain level. Some are just free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭PyjamaMan

whats planetside like? can 56k'ers play it well, or is it too laggy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Detonated Sauce

Asheron's Call 2 is a very beginner friendly game, it has beautiful graphics and it has not got nothing but high level players since it hasnt been around for a year yet.

Advertisement