Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Achilles ache

• 29-05-2003 1:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recomend anything I can do for a sore and tight achilles after playing indoor football, I do a lot of stretching before hand so I don't think this is the problem.
    It is normally a bit sore the next day or two, any ideas ?

21/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Have you been doing this often?

Is it a new problem? Related to any recent changes in footwear etc? Do you usually play outdoor? Are you used to the surface?

Stretching, before and after could help. As might your standard Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation.

Failing that insoles perhaps to balance out the support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

Yeah I've been playing for about three years, but I've been getting sore for most of that time, the surface is a bit hard alright so maybe it's a footware thing, but I use Indoor/astro turf shoes, so I imagined that they should be fine.

21/25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

sorbothane insoles... plus stretching etc.. and a good rub down after training

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Footwear is your problem gound is to hard to be running on and your calfs and achilles are in a jock you can do long term damage unless you get a decent pair of runners and not €500 worth, a decent pair of Adidas indoor football shoes.
    The ones with the hard soles that aint comfortable unless you running cost about €20 in JJB sports

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

warm up and then stretch slowly on off days,esp calf muscles and maybe get heel support,i understand achilles injuries can develop slowly so be careful with it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

ive some experience here!

you suffered any ankle injuries in the recent past?

i destroyed my ligaments last year and im only starting back playing soccer now, played indoor last night and my achilles was really sore, i iced it when i got home tho, its not too bad today, i was told to expect that.

it could be u are carrying an ankle strain, or you could also have fallen arches on the foot that the achilles is causing pain.

if it persists, head to your physio. try arch supports too, and do tons of caf stretches before any sports, running repeatedly on hard ground can weaken them too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement