Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is our hitler

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by Bard
    Clearly it's Ian Paisley.

'Cos he's an intolerant bigoted loud-mouthed c*nt.

CLEARLY, I'M RIGHT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Éomer of Rohan

So, we have a vote for paisley, a vote for Gerry Adams and a petty dispute on who refuses to understand who's point of argument. Hmm.

In my opinion there are no mass murderers in Irish politics today from a neutral point of view. Look at the Northern Ireland situation, which for some god forsaken reason people seem to revolve around; all sides, British, Loyalist and Republican were fighting a war - one side for the freedom of the catholic people and then for the reality of a united Ireland and finally for control of the drugs scene - in the latest 'war' there have been no mass killings on the scale of things like the Shankill Butchers. The loyalists fought against what they regarded as a threat to the union (and for what the protestant upper class, while cosily ensconsed in Malone and Balmoral, far from the front lines told them was their freedom - anything ring a bell at this point?). The British fought to restore law and order amidst the ****hole that was Northern Ireland, and if I say so myself, despite getting a little tarnished along the way for their methods, they did a reasonable job - hence why I can sit at my computer without fear of getting a pipe bomb thrown through my window. Many of these 'wars' resulted in 'collateral damage' - that appalling euphemism of the US upper military echelons - and some resulted in near genocidal acts, with groups targeting random protestant and catholic areas with bombs or picking innocent catholics and protestants of the street and shooting them - but at the same time, neither the IRA nor UVF et al committed a mass murder by the definition of the holocaust because they were involved in a 'war' and to call this mass murder would be calling the firestorming of Dresden or Hamburg or Cologne during the second world war mass murder, or the dropping of the two nuclear bombs mass murder, or indeed, the raining of cruise missiles down on Iraq mass murder. But sure we know they aren't.....are they?

Please excuse the deep and bitter irony there.

Advertisement