Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone gotten IOLs broadband yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭Sarn

I'm still waiting for the forms despite applying well over a month ago. Hopefully my fourth phonecall might have done the trick (the phrase "all the forms have been sent out and you should receive them sometime this week" had started to grate). Can you believe I was actually tempted to try eircon. That's pretty desperate. If you advertise a product (albeit woefully) you should at least be able to send out a few forms. Hopefully the self-install won't take as long.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Crumble

I got a call from them on Friday wanting to know what username/password I wanted to use. They said I would receive the modem early next week.

keeping my fingers crossed.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

You really have to admire the sheer eagerness of Esat to roll this product out to the consumer. I cant walk down the street without seeing some form of advert for it, and i've simply stopped watching TV and listening to the radio for all the Esat BT Broadband ads that are on....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by milltown
    TBH Biz I find your posts hard enough to read! Haven't yourself and SubC ever heard of punctuation? It's a forum, not an AOL chat ffs :rolleyes: .

The truth this man speaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

Lads,

I've recieved the forms for the IOL broadband on friday...posted them this morning.....Just wondering whats the craic????? Has anyone actually got this product installed yet???and If so what type of delay time are we looking at between posting the forms and getting stuff installed.

Any info would be appreciated.

Dazza:confused:

• Advertisement

Opp's Just ignore that last post...didnt see the previous post untill NOW!!!!:rolleyes:

Lads just a quick note to let yee all know(anyone that has applyed for the iol bb)

I ordered the product in april and was also told the the forms would be out in a couple of days....I kept phoning every couple of days asking for my F'#king forms...but still nothing..

So I rang back last week and demanded to know what the story was, and got speaking to helpful dude called greg, who told me that anyone that had ordered online and had recieved the confirmation email asking what type of install you would like...All these had been lost of the system due to a "Computer Error"

So basicly anyone that has ordered on line and is still waiting, ring them back and tell them you ordered online, and re order it over the phone. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flav0rflav

What the dealio with posting crap like this:

Original Message
    Sent: 08 May 2003 18:02

Hello Mr Flav,

Many thanks for your e-mail regarding IOL broadband. Orders will begin
    processing before the end of May.

kind regards,

C

Original Message
    Sent: 08 May 2003 18:04

And when will the service start?

Original Message
    Sent: 08 May 2003 18:11

Hello Mr Flav,

Before the end of May, installation should begin.

Regards,
    C

Original Message
    Sent: 08 May, 2003 6:18 PM
    To: L S
    Subject: FW: ADLS QUERY

Original Message
    Sent: 08 May 2003 18:14

When _will_ the _service_ be _live_?

Original Message
    Sent: 08 May 2003 18:54

Good Afternoon Flav0r

Many thanks for your email.
    As of yet we do not have a specific date as to when installations will begin
    but we can confirm that the first customers will be installed before the end
    of May.
    We will be in contact over the coming week or so with an application form
    for customers to complete. Upon receipt of a completed application the
    process takes 10-12 days to complete.

Should you have any further queries please feel free to contact myself or
    C.

Regards

L S

Original Message
    Sent: 09 May, 2003 9:30 AM

Good morning L,

My original query was when will the service be live? Are you saying that
    when the equipment is installed it will be live? You say the equipment will
    be installed before the end of May?

Flav0r

Original Message
    Sent: 12 May 2003 09:34

Good Morning Flav0r

Many thanks for your email. The first time a customer will be in a position
    to use the service is when it has been installed. I assume this is what you
    mean by asking when the service will be live.

Should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards

L S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭rrolfe

just got the forms in pdf format today via email.
    makes sense instead of posting them to customers.

is anyone actually switched on with esat yet ??

RIc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,401 ✭✭✭ando

is this IOL broadband the same as netsource? (not LLU)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

if it is then i can only assume that if net source are having troubles with there clients pings / dl rates.. then adding more people on to it from IOL bb will only make it all worse??

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I received my application forms on the friday before the June Bank holiday posted them in straight away. Received an email on Friday last asking for user name and password (saying they had been unable to contact me by phone - this tallies with other reports here) replied over the weekend with necessary details.

Today I got an email from 'the broadband team' telling me that horray horray my line was ok for broadband and giving me a link for an application form blah blah.

If they cant get it together in the office it does not give great hope for the actual service does it?:mad: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Your absolutely right, just wait till they start trying to charge us for it. Their accounts dept. is infamous at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

yep their accounting dep sucks

but dont worry about the email you got ....... i got the same thing you more than likely just applyed by phone and that iol "test your line" crap they have on their site :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by -ADREN-
    if it is then i can only assume that if net source are having troubles with there clients pings / dl rates.. then adding more people on to it from IOL bb will only make it all worse??

Netsource have sorted their sh1t out, and they didn't take long at all to do it, which is to be applauded.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

No Bizmark I filled in an applicaton form including a direct debit mandate etc, replied to an email asking bout username and password and stilll got the email directing me to the application form!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Originally posted by eth0_
    Netsource have sorted their sh1t out, and they didn't take long at all to do it, which is to be applauded.
    They haven't sorted jacksh1t out, when I left the house 30 minutes ago I couldn't even get to google.ie :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Just after getting off the phone from Netsource, am awaiting order forms through email atm.

I jsut hope she got my address right....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Well I'm out of this thread , it's UTV for me thank you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

I enquired bout the service by phone back in early may and was told that the forms would no be available for a while and that they were hoping ti get poeple connected by the end of may..

I got the application form, and sent it back on the june bank holiday weekend... then on thursday 5th I got a call from iol on my mobile confirming my application and asking me to choose a username and password.. the lady I was talking to told me that they will send out my equipment and I should have it within 12 days..

So i reckon i'll have it by this monday 16th june. so i'll post up here around that date with if i have any look or not. btw I'm living in waterford.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭urban Ninja

They rang me on friday with my user name and password but i was in work, so they have to ring back on Monday. I think i have to wait 12 working days from then, for the modem and exchange work.

They seemed faster then Eircom and more professional aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭shinzon

Originally posted by Stokolan
    I enquired bout the service by phone back in early may and was told that the forms would no be available for a while and that they were hoping ti get poeple connected by the end of may..

I got the application form, and sent it back on the june bank holiday weekend... then on thursday 5th I got a call from iol on my mobile confirming my application and asking me to choose a username and password.. the lady I was talking to told me that they will send out my equipment and I should have it within 12 days..

So i reckon i'll have it by this monday 16th june. so i'll post up here around that date with if i have any look or not. btw I'm living in waterford.

where in waterford are you stokolan

shin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

shizon hope you can get bb from someone you seem to know you stuff and help people here :)

anyways i guess only 5-7 more days till i get my modem and line(i hope) i really can wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Originally posted by shinzon
    where in waterford are you stokolan

shin

Im in the city, out in johns park..

What happened to May?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

(glad to see i'm not the only user of this phrase http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=anyone+bueller&meta=)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by flav0rflav
    What happened to May?

Yeah? And? Bismark is getting his IOL bb installed this week...

ps. what ip address range will these IOL BB accounts be using? eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Originally posted by flav0rflav
    ps. what ip address range will these IOL BB accounts be using? eh?
    Why does it matter what the range is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Synkronite

I woke up today hoping to have my modem in the mail.. Hmm.. The countdown to the end of the week has begun (Although tomorrow is 'Day 12' - But I seriously doubt it..)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭urban Ninja

Remember the 12 working days don't start until you get your user name and password. And there is only 5 working days in a week. Everyone seems to forget that part.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement