Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone gotten IOLs broadband yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭shinzon

Im in the city, out in johns park..

I was just wondering stokolan im only up the road from you a bit in viewmount and cant get it, its all pointing to what boston said about the street cabinet, if you have one of those you just cant get it

Hope all goes well for you when ye get it

Regards

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Remember the 12 working days don't start until you get your user name and password. And there is only 5 working days in a week. Everyone seems to forget that part.

very true ...... but they work saturday 2 so i guess its 6 working days a week :confused:

anyway im asumeing the modem should be here wensday---friday seeming that will be 12-14 days from when i got the "call".

i wonder will the line be on then OR 12 days from then again :(

crist i want my broadband now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Originally posted by urban Ninja
    Remember the 12 working days don't start until you get your user name and password. And there is only 5 working days in a week. Everyone seems to forget that part.

hmm.. i didn't realise that.. but they day they told me it will be 12 working days was the day they asked me for my user name and password...

its now day 14 still nothing. but i will be ringing up to cancel my nolimits today so I'll be asking them where is my broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Cuauhtemoc

It doesn't seem as if anyone's connected to iol yet but was wondering if those who are getting it have read the t&c.
    I'm half way through getting it(have the forms and stuff) but am somewhat put off by the t&c.

Quote from toc...
    "(d) This is a single user service and as such Customer will be provided with a
    USB modem for connection to the service. Under no circumstances will a
    request for an Ethernet modem be entertained."

Why not? if i happen to have 2 or 3 pc's and want to put a 4 port adsl router in or whatever and am reasonable about download, why shouldn't i?
    They mightn't provide one and say you can use your own adsl modem(subject to other stuff..non supported etc) tho not specifically for multi-pc/user purposes.

The rest of the toc basically signs away any rights you have whatsoever, including trying to get around the sale of goods and services act...quote..
    "any and all liability arising under the Sale
    of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980 is excluded to the fullest extent
    permitted by law."

Another is the right to disconnect you if you regularly go over the 5Gb limit..makes no sense seeing as they make money from you if you do. assuming they do charge. Eircom don't seem to have yet.

They also make no guarantee about the quality of the service, d/l speed or whatever.

Maybe i'm taking it the wrong way and all terms & conditions are as bad as this. Anyone any opinions?

C.

yeah i read the t&c any wasnt too worried..

I called them today and they told me that they posted my stuff and that someone should be in contact with me somethime next week.. I dont know when they psoted the stuff. so I dont know when I'll get them. seen as they said there posted. i'll presume theres a 2-3 day deleviery so i should have it by friday!! but then im not giong to hold my breath..

I'll keep ye updated..

StokolaN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=101194
    Plus...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64489
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35909
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35909

(there are probably more but I just did a quick search)

I would be wary because of that. I got a reply back from them today saying the bill is still outstanding. If your going to go with them put them on the credit card as you have more rights then direct debit.

I called them today and they told me that they posted my stuff and that someone should be in contact with me somethime next week

WHAT you cant be fugeing real .Feck it seem,s ill have to phone them so they can "confirm" they "Posted" my modem :rolleyes: Anyway,s i guess 1 - 2 more week,s (if ever).

this is getting very annoying now i want my damned broadband

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭urban Ninja

I had Netsmart and i have had no problems with cancelling the service. Maybe things have changed since SNL. I did have to give them written cancellation though.

Decisions Decisions!

Have my forms and all for the iol 512/128 48:1 contention product and was about to post them.
    But after reading a couple of threads here about the esat business service 512/256 uncapped for €90 (ex vat) i rang them up to see if it was also available where i am.
    It was...but there's a waiting time of 19 working days(a month nearly) for the install.
    So do i wait 12 odd for IOL or 19 for the Esat business.
    Would it be worth the wait?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Originally posted by Cuauhtemoc
    Decisions Decisions!

So do i wait 12 odd for IOL or 19 for the Esat business.
    Would it be worth the wait?
    C.

Your lucky b*****d, if you can afford the business product, get it, it is far better then IOL Broadband.

A few days won't kill you, I've been waiting 4 years for BB.

• Advertisement

Rang up today to check a few more details on the esat business 512/256 option before i posted in the forms for the Iol one.

Was pleasantly suprised when the guy on the phone offered a 50% discount for the install if i ordered. €62 instead of €125. Thats even cheaper than the Iol self install. :)

That clinched it for me so just have to wait the 19 working days for it now. Although they said it may come sooner.
    Not long more to suffer ~56k thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,401 ✭✭✭ando

so basically you could of summed up the last 4 pages into the word 'No' :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

So how soon until someone actually gets IOL bb?? Anyone close yet?

Ok its now friday night and still no sign of the iol bb.. i dont know what postal service they used but id recomend they find a duffrent 1 :p guess i'll have to wait a while longer....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭oneweb

Got a call yesterday from ESATBT. 'Hello Mr. ---, I'm just ringing to find out if you received our information pack on broadband?' I said yes thanks and that the only thing holding me back was the minimum contract. In fairness he was all really sorry but that was standard and unfortunately he couldn't do anything about it.

I got the impression that they were ready to install in a few days if I wished but I didn't ask if many were already connected.

It is what it's.

i called esat today

AND they have had a few problum,s (no ****).Anyway i was informed that because i was one of the first to order they have recently (as in yesterday) sent the order to eircom to get my line turned on.SO if the guy was to be bleaved i am one of only 3 in the country so far to have gotten this far! (bit worrying for the rest of you dont you think?).ANYWAY 3-5 more working day,s wait for the line to be turned on and when they(esat) get a call from eircon they will then send on the modem and such:rolleyes:

so next friday im hopeing to be up and runing (or more likely 2 week,s from now)

enjoy the wait the rest of you :(

thats crap!! Since i was told today that my order has gone to eircom and you ordered before me.

yep im pritty sure it was a cover story myself:mad:

ah to hell with it i just want my damn bb now 1 more week BAH

Bizmark,

i emailed IOL and got this reply:

"Thank you, for contacting Esat BT Customer Care. Please note your IOL Broadband account is set up on our side and ready for eircom to activate your line.

The reason for the delay in your order being processed is that with so many applications being sent in by customers up to now, we must ensure that eircom can guarantee the set up of our first batch of orders without a hitch."

so if there is only three, i must be one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flav0rflav

I do like a reality TV show that goes on and on, where the excitment builds and builds, while behind the scenes evermore outlandish stories are produced to fill the tabloids, and keep the punters tuning in.

• Advertisement

better be soon (as in friday) or or or or ill...................um wait some more :rolleyes:

honestly thought they better be progressing on this issue or im off ill give them till thusday next week if notting is happen then im off

how many weeks u been waiting now?

since they launched the product whats that 2 months?

but iv been really waiting since the first day i heard of iol broadband

the waiting is killing me :(

when did you send off the forms though?

and what are u waiting for just for the line to be enabled.. or for ure modem and splitters as well?

i got the forms when they started sending them out (Around a month) and sent them back the day after i got them

im awaiting EVERYTHING

ugh jesus thats sickning.. so in order for me to get it before july the 14th I should really send off my forms now??? Must I be at the house for installation or/and is this 'phone call' they make nesaccary to the set up off your broad band.. reason im asking is that im heading off on holidays for 2 weeks.. i was thinking of putting in the order now... and hopefully returing to a dsl ready line... and my modem and splitters awaiting me down at my local post office??

perhape,s it would be a good idea

the "call" is quick only 1 or 2 day,s

your line is "ment" to take 12 working day,s or 2 week,s (lol) it,s already takeing twice that for me and the "first" batch

then again our problum could be because of the product being very new or esat,s not so great management department :D

so good luck m8

thanks biz..

ohhh and line ativsion take,s place at the exchange so no i douth you have to be at home (as far as i know)

np adren hope u have a better time than i had of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

The reason it's taking so long for people to be activated is because Eircoms activation gateway is so slow. I've heard it can take up to 20 minutes for *one* request for dsl activation to go through.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement