Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone gotten IOLs broadband yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by bizmark
    perhape,s it would be a good idea

the "call" is quick only 1 or 2 day,s
    Bizmark, are you also known as 'samhail' by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

i have no idea who or what that is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

lol

i put "samhail" into google and got a load of irish return,s (one,s from scotland as well)

am i missing out on something here ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

ESAT may be awaiting the result of the Court Case today, the one between Comreg and Eircom on the subject of LLU

ESAT probably have a BRAS behind DSLAM topology waiting to deploy to that they can offer VoDSL instead of Indirect Voice, it would make sense for their small busines customers.

No matter how slow the Eircom DSL provisioning gateway is, it is still strange that ESAY /IOL have not switched a single customer on yet.

M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭shinzon

Why are eircom using bras as the latest technology, sorta gives new meaning to local loop unbundling dontcha think, well i suppose the elastic in dem things could raise the radsl coverage to 2.5 kms to 36dd

regards

Shin

Originally posted by Muck

No matter how slow the Eircom DSL provisioning gateway is, it is still strange that ESAY /IOL have not switched a single customer on yet.

M

How do *YOU* know they haven't??

because she woulda started a thread called

"I Finally Have IOL Broadband!"

by now ......thereby ending THIS thread.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flav0rflav

Altogether now for a sing-song round the camp fire ..

my one skin lies ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Originally posted by flav0rflav
    Altogether now for a sing-song round the camp fire ..

my one skin lies ...

What the hell song is that:confused: ... sounds bad, but I'd imagine that it gets a damn sight worse when you reach four:p

PS woohoo I've become a freak! (500th post)

• Advertisement

congrats ya big eejit :P :D

I see were getting bored on the broad band forum everythings gone slow.. well slooower..

because she woulda started a thread called

"I Finally Have IOL Broadband!"

by now ......thereby ending THIS thread.

M

Muck, perhaps you should sit down for this, it might come as a big shock but...
    A> Not everyone who has ordered dsl thinks IOFFL are the bee's knee's
    B> Not everyone who has ordered dsl reads boards.ie !!!

There was me thinking you knew what you were talking about with regards activations....

"ducks" i see a cat fight brewing lol :D

Originally posted by eth0_
    Muck, perhaps you should sit down for this, it might come as a big shock but...
    A> Not everyone who has ordered dsl thinks IOFFL are the bee's knee's
    B> Not everyone who has ordered dsl reads boards.ie !!!

There was me thinking you knew what you were talking about with regards activations....

:D:D God !

This is the BB forum, not the Ioffl one

Nobody in here has IOL RADSL

There are no IOL activations are there? :D Are there? Please tell me !

M

well im sending off my forms tomorrow (if i printed them off fromthe net .pdf files... on a nice coloured printer think they will do? ) anyways sending them off tomorrow, and im giving them 3 weeks time that i will be happy with to have everything set up, that should well be enough, and if it goes beyond that ill be very pissed :).. Also actually thinking of it now, I better make sure those print out ones from the net are ok, I dont want to be messing up my order, and finding out 2 weeks later that they wernt right :/...

lol good luck hope you get it within 3 week,s (unlikely id say though):D

:D:D God !

This is the BB forum, not the Ioffl one

Nobody in here has IOL RADSL

There are no IOL activations are there? :D Are there? Please tell me !

M

Not the IOFFL forum? Curses, a wrong turn I took!
    Any activations? Perhaps :)

Originally posted by eth0_

Any activations? Perhaps :)

yes or no will do :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Spud_Gun

IOL received my forms this morning. I expect to be online by the 11th of July. I have heard that some people are overdue their IOL activation, but they will be online soon enough I imagine. Put it this way, on and after the 11th I will be ringing them every day until its done.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flav0rflav

"Roll out the barrel, we'll have a barrel of fun
    Roll out the barrel, we've got the blues on the run
    Zing boom tararrel, ring out a song of good cheer
    Now's the time to roll the barrel, for the gang's all here"

Important Note: Some beverages like cider and root beer used to be kept in barrels. But that also applies to some alcoholic beverages, like beer and rum, which explains why this song is also called the "Beer Barrel Polka". So remember that although this is a fun song to sing, excessive alcohol consumption is not good for your health and could lead to serious problems and addictions. In fact, addictions of all types can be very serious health concerns. Please visit the Be Smart, Don't Start website of The National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information. You should also visit the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) and NIDA's Mind Over Matter site to learn more about addictions. And check out their Marijuana: Facts for Teens and Facts for Parents website. Also check out Tips 4 Kids, Prevent the Addiction and FDA Kids. Original Czechoslovakian Lyrics by Wladimir A. Timm and Vasek Zeman; English Lyrics by Lew Brown, Music by Jaromir Vejvoda; Skoda Lasky International Copyright ©1934/1971. Beer Barrel Polka Copyright ©1939/1976 Shapiro Bernstein/MPL Communications.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Konix

where are iol supporting BB at the moment?
    anyone no when it's getting to the blackrock area?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭Sarn

If you mean Blackrock in Dublin then it's already sorted. Blackrock in Cork I don't know. They just need to hurry up and sort us poor folk out. We need our RADSL.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

Well Lads,

I ordered back in the start(end of april) and still waiting.....
    I rang esat dis morning......

I was told that my account had been sent to eircom to be switched on , so the guy on the phone took my mobile number and promised to ring me back later today with a date when I should recive my modem and self install pack...

Judging by wot this guy was saying...I should have everything by the end of week.......Ik now I'll belive when I see it:D

but i put in my number and it says i cant get it?
    its more like blackrock/cabinteely. not cork.

i was reading up on iol BB and you can only use it on one computer?!?!? its because of Ip addresses.

Here's the season to be jollllleeeeeeeeeeee
    Tra La La La LahhH, La Lah Luhhhhh La

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Here's the season to be jollllleeeeeeeeeeee
    Tra La La La LahhH, La Lah Luhhhhh La

Dont know what the hell is up with flav0rflav, but look, its infectious ... Muck has it now!!!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Spud_Gun

Originally posted by Konix
    i was reading up on iol BB and you can only use it on one computer?!?!? its because of Ip addresses.

Thats the reason that I have bought a router/modem as opposed to going with the IOL modem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭urban Ninja

you just can't share the connection over a small network. you can however share the connection with your xbox if you use the same settings on the LIVE dashboard

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭urban Ninja

Look has anyone even been connectted yet by IOL??

They said to me on the phone that Eircom has my details but thats easier said them done. For all i know they could have them in a dusty drawer waiting.

I've noticed that you get a better answer of them if you email them because they don't know exactly who you are with the email.

Like they can't tell if your kid or a pissed of IT consultant working from home. Plus you don't get those bored ignorant bitches over the phone, i hate talking to them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement