Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone gotten IOLs broadband yet?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Konix

all i want to know is when i can get BB. any company...i cant even get eircom. i dont want it for two pcs....just the one and my xbox.
    Please help! any one else in the black rock area have any BB yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭urban Ninja

I just want to know if they have sent eircom my details. Is there anyway you can ring eircom to find out if IOL have placed on order on your line??

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flav0rflav

Don't be fobbed off by them telling you they've sent it to eircom!

You bought the service and signed the contract with IOL, not eircom. IOL is your supplier.

Whatever problems IOL are having with their third party supplier

a) should not be given to you as an excuse

b) should not be of concern to you

c) would be most easily cleared up by IOL

c) could not be significantly fixed by you (as you don't have a contract with them, and are in fact a customer of a competitor).

Now either IOL have stalled the ball accidentally or willfully, eircom have stalled the ball accidentally or willfully, or they're all just slow as ... hmmm ... dry dog **** on hot tin roof.

Bizmark,

When did you get your user name and password off them??

And when was the last time you've heard from them??

Has anyone any advice on how to deal with IOL??

I have had terrible trouble with Eircom on the phone so i cancelled the installation of the i-stream package.

I don't want a repeat!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

IOL cant even handle the opening of their service, id hate to see the situation they'd be in a year from now

Bizmark,

I think we should both keep emailing them with a link to this thread. I don't want to phone them because them you have to deal with some annoyed sales bitch (God, they have no manners!!).

Has anyone else got any thoughts to as to how to find out what is going on??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

Its ridiculous they havent even got it sorted yet. Should i send off my forms or not? I called them today and they said 12 days. WHAT THE ****!!!!! Believe them or dont? Im not desperate for it...but i would like it, should i believe them or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

ninja i dont get on till around 10 at night so if you want to see me on icq thats the time (me a night man lol)

now i got the call for the password and username nearly going on 4 weeks now (4 weeks next thusday)

As for emailing them this post i really douth it would make them move faster :(

I last heard from ESAT um at the start of the week (about) i called them got the "details gone to eircom" line

IF i dont get the modem tomorrow then its at lest 4 more days waiting (unless they did a amazeing timeing job to get the line on and modem here on firday)

oh well im getting more and more pissed of day after 56k day :mad:

I sent IOL an email asking what the **** is going on with their sevice.

Here is there reply:

"Thank you for your query.
    Your order has been sent to Eircom and the entire process from when we got your username and password takes 12 working days. Your modem will be sent out when you are connected. If you have any further queries don't hesitate to contact me."

I hope they are telling the truth!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

so what IOL is saying is that when Eircom activate your line, only then will they send out your modem splitters etc.., now anyone with a brain would send out the modem to the customer so all they have to do is plug the cable into the modem when they finally activate the line, instead the customer is going to have to hang around for another 2-3 days??? or has someone actually received their modems yet off IOL?

The problem is when will eircom activate your line. Esat kept saying 12 working days since you got your user name and password. but i doubt thats true.

Is there anyway to find out from eircom what the story is??

Man, i hate this waiting crap. It was even worse with Eircom because they give false connection dates to make you think they are fast.

Like i am really getting pissed off waiting.

Bizmark, i think you should ring them asap tomorrow to find out what is going on.

:ninja:

Eircom are wholesaling the product under supervision by comreg. The documents that eircom have published to describe the service say they will activate a line 10-11 days after the order comes from the ISP.

"The documents that eircom have published to describe the service say they will activate a line 10-11 days after the order comes from the ISP"

Yeah, but god only knows when IOL placed the order with them. Thats the problem with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Synkronite

Okay.. here's my story so far.

I got my username/password on 5th June 2003

And since then, Ive heard nothing but false LIES everytime Ive called. Today I lost my cool and asked for a breakdown.. Here's what she told me..

"Your order was sent to eircom on the 16th of June, and today is the 26th - it takes 10 working days from Eircom, so we should hear from Eircom on Monday or Tuesday next week, and then we'll post out the modem. Ill put you on a priority list"

Priority list my ass.

I feel like making a formal complaint. They are screwing it up just like they screwed up their 256Kbps phantom residential product.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Is there no way of bringing this sort of crap to the attention of Comreg?

God we are such an appalling country for customer service!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Another thought just struck me! (Thats two today already!)

Will they start charging you from the day your line is live or the day you get your modem? Suppose your modem is delayed for a week (not that unlikely at all in view of their performance so far) and your line is switched on - you gonna be charged for your weeks waiting or will it be the first time you connect?

well tomorrow if notting has arrived i will call them and "find out" (ie shout at them alot) wtf is happening

i was told in no uncertian terms by their customer care (i use that in lose term,s) that IT WILL! be this friday

ill be happy just to hear "yes sir your line has been ativated and the modem sent out to you" Just for some damn progress :rolleyes:

ah god lad,s i mean 4 week,s from getting the username etc and 1 and a bit week,s from calling them is just crazy

Ninja you can be sure ill be calling them

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Crumble

:mad: Right here it is......

I got tired of being fobbed off by IOL and their lame excuses so I contacted them again.... got the usual response..

Your details are with Eircom it will be connected next week......

So I decided to contact Eircom and this is what I was told....

Eircom :- Your exchange ( NAVAN ) has not been upgraded for DSL yet so neither Eircom or indeed IOL can supply the service to you at this time.... The exchange is due for upgrade in the very near future....

ME: - Days/Weeks/Months?

EIRCOM:- Possibly a month or two...

ME: - So can you send me forms for your service?

EIRCOM: - No, not until the exchange goes live... we wont take an order until then... we will ring you as soon as this happens to offer you the service.

So ESAT BT / IOL accepted my application, processed it, called me for a username/password, told me I would have the service within 12 working days ( over 3 weeks ago ) and all along the service was not available.

I should have known better..... IOL screwed me over once before with the whole Surfnolimits fiasco, remember that ?

So I'm upgrading my UTVip service to thier UTVipXL (180hours flatrate anytime service €24.95pm) for now and they will be able to offer me broadband as soon as the Navan exchange is switched on....... and as for ESAT BT / IOL ... they can kiss my hairy ASS!!!!!

..... I feel soooo much better, getting that off my chest

Cheers All.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Eh.. the Navan exchange is upgraded...i'm pretty sure i've seen netsource user(s) on here from Navan..

well i know my exchange is enabled seeming both eircom and netsources told me

but fuge it crumble thats terrible :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

The Navan exchange is listed here as enabled for Esat & Netsource:
    http://www.iol.ie/~discover/net.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Cuauhtemoc

So IOL(esat) can do their residential product over that exchange and eircom are somewhat misinformed(imagine that :) )

So you should be ok.

Edit: Post edited as it was just repeating Sir Random..

Netsource are not using Esat's DSLAMs.

Navan has an Esat DSLAM, but Esat aren't using their own gear for their cheapest DSL service, only their more expensive business services.

Either way, eircom don't have a dslam there, and so EsatIOL are lying by saying they've sent your line activation order to eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Cuauhtemoc

hmm must read the thread better..

But why would esat not offer their residential service over their exchange to somewhere like navan with its growing population?
    It sounds like madness, especially as they could've gotten a good foothold before eircom get there.

According to netsource though they 'believe' they'll be offering bb in navan from the 30th of this month. Which would mean eircom enabling their exchange there.

So maybe nobody is lying and eircom are planning to enable that exchange from the 30th. and so iol can take orders on the basis of that????

Crumble's eircom chat line buddy says it'll be a month or two before Navan is upgraded.

I'd read that as a month or two, not next monday.

IOL can use that if they want, and we'll see if it's 10-12 days.

Maybe we can open a market on betdaq.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I'm 90% sure the Navan exchange *is* upgraded for RADSL.
    Why don't y'all ring eircom and 'enquire'

Isn't that what Crumble did?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Spud_Gun

Try ringing Eircom ADSL sales enquiring about getting i-stream installed. Tell them where you live and see if they say the same thing about the Navan exchange. I wonder if you willhave the same 'exchange upgrade' problem if you enquire about i-stream. Maybe I'm cynical, but this is the first I have heard of an issue regarding exchange upgrades. I do think that if Eircom are swamped with i-stream installations, IOL installations will take a back seat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement