Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Staary!

• 29-05-2003 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭

ok any1 bored? I worte a small Sci fi novel when I was about 18 (6 years ago now) never got it published, so I thought I'd post it here :D why not? its probably complete and utter sh1te but I'm not going to sensor it or even read it through before i post it.

Have a Read if you like, I'll probably post a page a day or something if any1 is interested.

To meet Thy Maker.

PROLOGUE

Space, the beginning of everything....

Endless time, before time as we now know it, an existence so powerful, so advanced, to whom time had no meaning or consequence were about to create a race and seal their fate....

From a distance a black shining sphere, perfect and tranquil moved silently and smoothly, passing through solar systems with seemingly no aim, not effected by the various planets gravitational forces.

Time has existed since it began yet it has only recently been measured. Uncontrollable, unstoppable and unchangeable, one destiny, future, even when there is nothing, there is still time, it is everlasting. This sphere felt no effects of time, nor did its dwellers.

In the grand scale of the universe the huge planet seemed insignificant, yet it would not conform to the rules that tied down every other existing molecule in the fabric of space.

The immense size of the planet was only completely evident as it came near to stars, which it totally eclipsed. The surface of the planet seemed encompassed with cracks or dry rivers. An awesome sight, being much larger than the bright centre of our solar system and sparkling with billions of shining, green flecks of light, it was a breathtaking image.

The cracks turned out to be channels, like crevasses miles deep yet comparatively narrow in width. The crevasse walls were machine perfect in their smoothness curved with perfection, every now and then a crevasse would split into two and rejoin further on. The green light shone from thin lines on the walls, gradually dimming as they descended deeper into the heart of the sphere. The light strips flickered and shone like fire, perfectly controlled, contained fire. The seemingly endless crevasses waved and curled in a random chaotic manner, the only uniformity in them was that they were all different. If they had been flat regular surfaces, they would bear some resemblance to today's streets like the scraper-lined Broadway in Manhattan. The crevasses looked like they had been carved into solid black marble like rock, yet such a feat would be barely possible, considering the depth that they reached. The other possibility was that they were built up from the bottom, again achievement of a task of such immense proportions would be entering the realms of the fantastic. Perhaps construction had nothing at all to do with the formation of the surface whatsoever.

A Shiny black pip shaped object jetted along one of the narrow windy crevasses at breakneck speed, remaining perfectly equidistant from either side. In a blink of an eye the pip was gone, millions of white flecks floating where it once sped.

The Planet seemed free of an atmosphere and absents of vegetation of any kind whatsoever and other than the odd spurt from black pip shaped UFO's it seemed dead and lifeless.

Another unique feature was that unlike M-class planets, the shiny black orb did not seem to have any axial rotation or orbital path, it was more of a craft.
    The planetoid had just entered another solar system and it was on a collision course with a planet, the third planet from the sun. Not more than a few thousand kilometres from the highly unstable volcanic planet, it stopped dead in its tracks, slowly began rotating and started to rumble like intense thunder. The fierce rumbling was accompanied by a low resonance, and a section of land from between two crevasses started to rise from the orb. There seemed to be no visible propulsion system, there was just a bright light emanating from the gap that was created by the absence of the awkward black object. The object continued rising until it was clear of the surface, the light beneath ceased and the hard black metallic rock type matter regenerated itself to fill the empty gap

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Why not just email it to ppl that are interested.

I wouldnt mind having a read

Ill PM my email addy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭PAPILLION

dunno. more fun this way. :D something to do each day.
    although i don't think any1 is interested. ill soon find out when people start telling me to ***k off lol.

anywhoo page 2.

For a short while both objects remained stationary, inert, neither displayed the slightest attempt to move what so ever. One side of the small breakaway object glowed with that iridescent green hue as the complete absence of motion was broken, it slowly started to make its move, directly towards the primitive planet. No sooner had the small chunk started its move, the mysterious giant orb shot off in the opposite direction, at an incredible speed, and in the blink of an eye it was completely out of sight. The smaller 'craft' type object gained speed and kept accelerating, faster and faster.

The planet was in its infancy and showed no signs of life, a thin, brittle crust of congealed magma was all that would sustain the object when it landed, if it landed.

Unusually there was no atmospheric resistance, the black craft glowed green on its front and slowed to a crawl, then pulled up and started a shallow spiralling orbit. It had covered at least a quarter of the Earth's surface before it started barrel rolling and finally succumbed to gravity. The object didn't plummet helplessly like you might expect it to, it ceased its orbit and gently sank to the hazardous crust like a feather floating undisturbed by wind, constantly rotating on a vertical axis. There was no crunch or thump as it landed silently, in fact, the only noise around was the hissing crack as in the distance, meteorites randomly peppered the brittle crust releasing the potent and fiery magma.

After a brief pause, a door appeared on one side of the settled object and the same vibrant green seen on the orb shone from the opening. Silhouetted by the vivid light a group of beings could be seen, slowly advancing. They seemed quite large, and moved with a strange mechanical fluidity, the precision of movement was perfect, and they advanced swiftly. They moved further and further from the craft and became more clearly visible. They had no uniformity to their form but were all made of the same substances and materials. Around eighty percent of their structures were made up from a hard glistening carapace, much like the shell of a large camouflaged crustacean, camouflaged with sandy colours, browns and buffs. They had no hands or feet to speak of and the bulky forms could only just barely de described as bipedal or humanoid. They had extremely wide torsos and short pillar type legs that got very wide at the bottom the arms were either non-existent or small stumps. The joints looked like primitive pistons, shining as their highly polished surfaces caught the light. The rest of their bodies were comprised of circuitry, or panels made up of what looked like ablative armour found on that of twentieth and twenty-first century tanks.

There were three in all, all rapidly fleeing the apparent safety of the craft, heading towards a magma stream a few kilometres from the volcano that it had originated from. One of the beings was grasping a small clear cubic container with a transparent solution in it. When they arrived at the lava flow, the two accompanying the carrier stood back and let their companion proceed, on reaching the very edge of the flow the solitary being put the container down on the parched crust, next to a small crater. The carrier rejoined his fellow creatures as the box shone and pulsed rhythmically, like a heart beat, one side of the box vanished, followed by the other four. The liquid mass sat there in a perfect cube, shimmering in the green of the craft and the red of the magma. Some very simple looking microscopic laves or cells flickered in the physically impossible liquid, flittering and swimming. The two beings, which had so far done nothing, advanced and bowed slightly, one removed the sixth side from under the liquid cube and the fluid flowed into the empty crater. As they turned back around, the carrier was displaying what seemed to be, anger at what they had done, the lump situated on the front of his torso, that could be loosely described as a head shone red as he fidgeted frantically. The other two moved closer, reached over to the displeased creature and wrenched the glowing lump from the torso leaving various broken pistons and torn wires sticking out. As the carrier toppled like a felled tree, the larger of the other two dropped the lump type head and stomped it into the crust beneath them. The smaller one hoisted up the body that lay on the ground and carried it to the craft. The larger creature had just finished pounding the head into the ground and was going to join its comrade when a large meteorite crashed down a few yards away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭Fence

Well I'm interested in reading it, but if it was formatted slightly differently (more space between paragraphs) I think it would make it easier to read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭PAPILLION

[edited]

that any better?

anyway. bare in mind i wrote it ages ago, its probably badly written purile rubbish.
    anywhoo a stary is a stary all the same.
    ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

neither displayed the slightest attempt to move what so ever

What ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭Fence

Originally posted by PAPILLION
    [edited]

that any better?

Yup

Advertisement