Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QL RULE - trust me its important....

Options
  • 25-06-1998 4:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭

ok one rule reads like this
    "- If a player disconnects during the game or gets disconnected, the match will be
    restarted, But that player will recieve a -5 to their frag count when the new match
    begins. "
    that is not needed with 2.21
    it reinstates the players score on reconnection
    so if u leave and its 11 to -15 if the -15 disses and reconnects he will get his -15 back
    handy =] =]
    so how about removing that because disconnections due to ur connections occur regularily both with modemers (like me on a 28 8 =[ ) and those on HEAnet have complained about dissing
    what yez think????
    SeP - trying to help out cos i am an observer =]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

This may be mute too for Q2 if they are using the BATTLE mod, as it maintains the players scores/time?

: ok one rule reads like this
    : "- If a player disconnects during the game or gets disconnected, the match will be
    : restarted, But that player will recieve a -5 to their frag count when the new match
    : begins. "
    : that is not needed with 2.21
    : it reinstates the players score on reconnection
    : so if u leave and its 11 to -15 if the -15 disses and reconnects he will get his -15 back
    : handy =] =]
    : so how about removing that because disconnections due to ur connections occur regularily both with modemers (like me on a 28 8 =[ ) and those on HEAnet have complained about dissing
    : what yez think????
    : SeP - trying to help out cos i am an observer =]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Err dont u have anything better to do ???

FYI.. the disconnection penalty is to stop asseholes quiting when their getting bashed and then coming back and demanding a rematch!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

The rule is a bit silly, 5 frags mean alot more in quake2 than in quake1. most 10min duels i've fought on the q2 levels choosen tend to end up with the winner having around 5 frags or so. well, thats with 2 players of equal skill. can u imagine being tied 5 each with someone on q2dm1, then your line drops, and u lose the level 5-0?

some sort of compromise should be reached.

: This may be mute too for Q2 if they are using
    the BATTLE mod, as it maintains the players scores/time?

:
    : : ok one rule reads like this
    : : "- If a player disconnects during the game or gets disconnected, the match will be
    : : restarted, But that player will recieve a -5 to their frag count when the new match
    : : begins. "
    : : that is not needed with 2.21
    : : it reinstates the players score on reconnection
    : : so if u leave and its 11 to -15 if the -15 disses and reconnects he will get his -15 back
    : : handy =] =]
    : : so how about removing that because disconnections due to ur connections occur regularily both with modemers (like me on a 28 8 =[ ) and those on HEAnet have complained about dissing
    : : what yez think????
    : : SeP - trying to help out cos i am an observer =]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

: Err dont u have anything better to do ???
    no, im supposed to be werking, go figure =]
    :
    : FYI.. the disconnection penalty is to stop asseholes quiting when their getting bashed and then coming back and demanding a rematch!

no, no rematches! athey diss they comeback they will still have the same score
    doesnt matter!!
    Koopa was playing Daa , Daa dissed (was loosing =]) and it was 10 -4 to koopa and he reconnected and had -4 again!!
    it keeps as long as the other person stays.....
    anyway, not my comp, just a sugestion! =/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

: anyway, not my comp, just a sugestion! =/

Noted!

• Advertisement
Advertisement