Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Jap import car radios

Options
  • 29-05-2003 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

You know the way jap import car radios are mental, you can get the stations but they're at jap frequencies and occasionally you get the cops and the taxi drivers too! question is, if i put in an irish radio will it still be mental or will it be like an irish car? ie todayfm will be at 100.8 or whatever instead of -1.344+ like it is in the jap machine.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

My dad got a 'frequency convertor' for the Alpine stereo in his Sti. The radio still shows barmy frequencies but it's actually tuning to normal stations (the RDS even works).

If you want to replace yours with a European model it'll work as intended though. It's the tuner itself that determines the frequency range, not the antenna or other ancillary equipment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

As ozpass said if you get an european radio the stations will come up loud and clear without any dodgy frequency displayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

From my experience, the antennae are usually sh1te also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Correct, change the aerial as well as the headunit cos the jap ones are crap. Had same problem with my jap civic. Get an irish headunit and your laughing.

Advertisement