Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Poets

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭qwertyup

If you want to mention something in passing, say a similarity in one poem to a theme or mood conveyed within another work, such as Heaney's North, go ahead. Just remember you will get no marks for analysis of texts and poems which are outside the remit of the LC syllabus. Stick to what is on it, and do that well.

Originally posted by PHB
    I'd kill anyone of you for a plath personal response essay :)

I have a gem of a one, however I am ignorant to the ways of posting it to the board and im not typing out pages of essay. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Captain Planet

Something tells me they havent put the most popular poets on the paper being as they are, servants of Satan, so I would expect (Plath, Donne, Hopkins, Frost) Either way if Plath or Heaney do come up and you can answer on another poet-DO! They will be on the point of puking when they correct their millionth Plath/Heaney answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

No I have one too, but I want it to come up on the paper :)

Dont do something just for the sake of being different.

If you can get an A in a Plath essay and only a C/B in a Frost essay dont do frost just to be different, do what you're best at.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Hopkins all teh way babeh, well, in depth anyway, the rest will follow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by cartman
    dont talk to me bout 6days i cant study im afraid i might fail now:/

cant even learn my regions in Geography..

Ohh heard a tip that France is 99% comin up..

cartman

Where did you here that? Does a regional division Question Come up every year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭DSMe

well , i just did a plath personal response there now , if u want it il try and get it 2 u if u pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Donne has to come up, him and hopkins are the two older style poets, hopkins on the course next year donne isnt.

Too little, too late!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

as expected Plath and Heaney cam up. Sweet.

I answered on Frost cos i knew everyone would do plath in my school and also i have just looked over an essay!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭ella minnow pea

hey dats what i did sikes damn you

• Advertisement
Advertisement