Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

info on past post

Options
  • 29-05-2003 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭

regarding this post. any past threads concerning this and where Id find em ?

id like to know about this as it seems to have been before my time or i somehow completely missed it.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

If you blinked you'd have missed it. A hacker by the name of Succulent Duck managed to hack boards about 3 years ago I think. between regi, ecksor, myself and some friendly mates of mine in the fraud squad who owed me a favour, we tracked him down.

It turned out he was big into defacing websites. He got busted and his equipment seized but we didnt press charges and arranged with the cops to get him into some community training and the like. He didnt come from the greatest family ever lets say and I'd no intention of adding to his woes beyond taking the gun from the kid so to speak.

I really dislike defacers, they arent "hackers" imho, just vandals. Not as bad as DDOSsers who are even less talented... but I'm not going to have the state put them away, its not like anyone got dead.

The defacement was up for about 5 hours between 3 and 8am afaicr.

Not much more to tell... I've worked with the cops on a couple of occasions, sharing info on one paedo guy in particular and generally explaining new tech when asked...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by DeVore

Not much more to tell... I've worked with the cops on a couple of occasions, sharing info on one paedo guy in particular and generally explaining new tech when asked...

DeV.

Bags the TV rights!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

thats 2 seperate Bagging of Rights now aint it amp ?

Advertisement