Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viewing printer/spooler history

Options
  • 29-05-2003 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

Is there a way I can check how much printing was done today, or even better, what the files were called? I'm using W2K.

TIA

merlin

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

on the PC SHARING the printer and/or on EACH PC using the printer
    You need to turn on auditing on the printers
    printer - properties - security - advanced - auditing

and/or
    printer - properties - advanced - keep printed documents
    (and you may need to turn on auditing in the user manager)

Then you have to filter through the event viewer, not very neat.
    Most decent network printers have a page count - easier to use this - many have their own little web page

Not sure if you could use something like syslog to get info from the printer itself ...

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TenLeftFingers

Thanks, W2K Pro it is. It's actually not a network, it's my computer. I was curious as to what the person I left in charge had printed, but none of these services were enabled by me so I guess I'll have to do an old fashioned phone call and see if they found what they were looking for.

Cheers!

Advertisement