Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nt4 ?

Options
  • 29-05-2003 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

got a 40gb nt4 h/d and a 30gb hd which i have just deleted windows off because it was ****ed,... now i have a problem... win98 hd dont read cd rom and i cant format nt because i have no other drive working... i want to get the 22gb of mp3s off the old win98 h/d

any ideas

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Just to clarify, you can boot into Win98, yeah? Why won't it read from CD? And what are you trying to read from CD? (Or are you trying to boot from CD?)

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭newstalk

got win 98 on a cd and the ex win98 hdrive wont read the atapi cdrom as windows has been deleted...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Sourfoot

If you are trying to insatll Win 98 to A hard Drive without any OS on it , put Win 98 CD into another CD on a PC and copy the files BOOTDISK to a floppy this has the boot files for a srart up disk for Win 98. You should be able to install after this

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Win98 CD should be bootable by it'self - check the BIOS - for boot from CD options..

Tip: copy the win98 folder to the HDD and then run setup from there..

BTW: NTFSdos will allow dos/95/98 to read the NTFS partition :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Sourfoot

Yep CaptnMidnight well spotted forgot Win 98 files support FAT32

• Advertisement
Advertisement