Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Broadband Tech Support (joke) ?

Options
  • 29-05-2003 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭

Recently I was praising how good the service from NTL was, but I just got off the phone with tech support and it was an absolute comedy show to say the least,

What should be a very simple answer to a simple question "yes" "no" is all was required,

So I listen to some dodgy music for 30 minutes,

Then I get ned who hasn't a clue what I'm talking about and goes of to find I presume a level 2 tech leaves me hanging for a further 10 minutes and comes back and says "the guy is telling me the answer but I don't understand it can I get him to call you back"

Ok so maybe the tech is new, so he needs to research fine, but he can't even relay back information from an experienced tech? Where do they hire these people?
    So now I await GOD to ring me,

Anyone any similar experience with NTL?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Yeah, do a search here for Fu**wits, Idiots, D**kheads etc. You'll probably find NTL mentioned in a large portion of the posts:p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Not with NTL but there is always a few at any call centre... maybe they are all like that but its probably just the few that are muppets..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

ah the story continues, level 2 tech calls back, hasn't a clue again what i'm talking about, so he transfers me a guy in wales who's a senior super duper tech! did he have an answer ? no! "i only know about the network in the uk" so why the **** am i talking to you then, i just gave up *sigh*

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Why not try asking the question here, see if anyone here's knows it? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

no need problem solved :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement