Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NetSource: BE WARNED on snail speeds !!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

i have no faith in eircom, never have never will.

However this whole blaming eircom for every single problem that occurs with netsource is going a bit over board.

First my install was delayed by over a month, that was eircom's fault.... even though to me it did seem like netsource weren't really pushing eircom hard enough. I mean several times netsource told me that everything was set and i'd be up and running in 10 days, then when I call back a few days later, THEN they would check again and say, oh no sorry eircom are holding us up, it was like they weren't itnersted in taking the initiative.

I've seen so many differn't netsource problems blamed on eircom, now maybe eircom are responsible to a degree, I wouldnt' be surprised, but if eircom are really screwing over netsource THIS Much then surely they have a right to complain, or take legal action.

Anyway this whole contention thing is a bit annoying. Fact of the matter is that most UK isps are UNcapped, and have similar contention yet there is no problem.

ANd while Eircom is capped, they have the exact same contention, and there is no problem there either. People on Esat don't seem to have any complaints either.

So to me it looks simply like netsource don't have nearly enough bandwidth to deal with the number of users that they have. And i doubt increasing it to 6megs is gonna solve it....

I refuse to buy this nature of the contended product bull****, and I hate to say this but I find myself almost wishing that I had gone with eircon in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭DaithiSurfer

Eircom may be out of order, but Netsource need to do somthing about it themselves.
    Netsource stop talking ****e, and do something about the problem.
    Complain to ****ing comreg or something.
    Take eircom to court, but quit using them as an excuse.
    I'm quitting Netsurce if they don't have their house in order in 6 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

I think you'll find that pretty much everyone else feels exactly the same way. The clock is really ticking for Netsource now and if they can't fix the problem by the time contracts are finished I doubt anyone is going to stay with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Originally posted by Sloth
    I think you'll find that pretty much everyone else feels exactly the same way. The clock is really ticking for Netsource now and if they can't fix the problem by the time contracts are finished I doubt anyone is going to stay with them.

As people will know by now there apears to be a major improvement in the network as of this afternoon...

On another issue:

Does anyone have any problems with Netsource's email server ? I am getting major delays sending mail and also a LOT of server errors "550 relay not permitted" ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Originally posted by Piliger

Does anyone have any problems with Netsource's email server ? I am getting major delays sending mail and also a LOT of server errors "550 relay not permitted" ??

Do you have to ask Netsource to set up a mail box? As my login name & password doesn't work on the webmail page.

tia,

carb.

• Advertisement
Advertisement