Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordinary English Comparison

Options
  • 29-05-2003 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

Can I compare "The Playboy of the Western World" with "My left Foot" in ordinary English. The POTWW is only 60 pages long and I haven't got a clue about it, but i'll read it tonight.

Do you not have to compare a novel with something else, because The POTWW is a play and My Left Foot is a film.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

doesnt matter what medium yourchoices are in, as long as theyre on the syllabus they can be compared, just make sure yer comparisons are good if theyre very different themes etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I read somewhere that you have top compare three texts (which may include one film) is this true because I've only studied two and I'm not going to waste preacious time reading another book for the sake of a few more marks.

BTW my English teacher was an absolute clown, who hadn't a clue!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

my eng teacher was worse than a clown... a blood loving lesbian!! But i'm doin My Left Foot, Lies of Silence and Reading in the dark, and The Plough And The Stars as my single text.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

lads i wouldn't worry about it, i did pass english last year, didn't do a tap for 5th or 6th, i'd only read one of my comparasons and watched the film, and only did them both in 5th year. and guess what mark i ended up with in the lc????

A2. It really was taking the piss.

Originally posted by Serialkiller
    lads i wouldn't worry about it, i did pass english last year, didn't do a tap for 5th or 6th, i'd only read one of my comparasons and watched the film, and only did them both in 5th year. and guess what mark i ended up with in the lc????

wow!!

your my hero!!!

• Advertisement

Unfortunatley you forgot to tell them that you are quite the swat ;)

Originally posted by Jabba
    Unfortunatley you forgot to tell them that you are quite the swat ;)

i'm not sure i follow?

i worked for some subjects yes, but english certainly wasn't one of them.
    wow!!

your my hero!!!
    i can certainly see you are doing pass english, or maybe foundation, thats the lamest attempt at scarcasm i've ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

The Exam is in a few hours. Am I definitely allowed to compare a play and a film alone? I am starting to seriously doubt it!

i can certainly see you are doing pass english, or maybe foundation, thats the lamest attempt at scarcasm i've ever seen.

well go somewhere else and tell them how greaty you are. were a day away from our test and your tellin us not ot obther. u talk crazy man! go back to russia!!

Originally posted by VinnyL
    well go somewhere else and tell them how greaty you are. were a day away from our test and your tellin us not ot obther. u talk crazy man! go back to russia!!

its called the voice of experence, the lc is a big joke once you get to college you'll forget about it within 2 weeks. and yes with OL english no point in doing any work now, go study irish or maths.

• Advertisement

ah serial killer sorry buddy but it just sounded like you are blowin your own trumpet there... h8 people like that!! sorry buddy

Advertisement