Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

domain name issue

• 29-05-2003 8:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭

I dunno if this is the right place for this question so modders, move if you feel it should go elsewhere ;)

anyway, you know the domain name you get with netsource. How do you go about changing things like MX records or HTTP records. I want to setup my own email system and website using my static IP and server. I want all MX dns records for my domain.com to point to the static IP of my router.

I was onto the guys twice but I'm getting nowhere fast :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Ideally, they'd have a control panel or interface for you to do this, but it is more likely that it's a manual DNS modification, you'll need to get on to someone in support who is responsible for their nameservers. Good luck! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

ok thanks steve :)

Advertisement