Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motorbike insurance hike???

Options
  • 29-05-2003 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

anyone here anything about this apprently the prices are to go up on the 1st of june just wondering if any1 knows if it's true and if so by how much?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

I heard AON are raising rates by 30% due to all the kids knicking each others scooters. Whether this translates into an increase in Hibernian base rates I don't know. Please God no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

actually, it could be more due to the fact that Sunday drivers are crushing their expansive bikes.
    Also bikes get more popular due to car insurace prices which gives them chance to screw L drivers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Given than most bikes are covered only TPO or TPFT, a higher rate of accidents wouldn't necessarily raise premia. Scooter theft is a major problem in Dublin right now. Bike theft is on the rise too. However given the chance to screw L-platers as you say I suspect Hibernian & Carole Nash (worse btw) are cashing in right now.

If it continues I can see a lot of people simply refusing to pay for bike insurance. Since it's not compulsory to carry around insurance information with you and the 10-day producer never being followed up it's quite conceivable to have thousands of bikers riding around without even basic insurance.

Did you know that under Hibernian comprehensive car policies you automatically have cover on any motorcycle not currently registered in your name? Two biker mates, two car policies...hmm.

Advertisement